Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,718,341 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kobber;28099057]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 5th, 2013. The floods in my neck of the woods have now subsided, the roads are open again and the lawn mowing guy helpfully cleared the garden of blown-about leaves, twigs and branches and took them to the dump, where – along with everyone else’s green waste – they will be mulched by the council and used in town landscaping projects. Apart from a bit of squelch underfoot, everything looks normal again!

Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home? Sofa for the family room.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)? No.

If yes, what are some of your duties?

Bonus Question:

If you were given a job on a TV news program, which role would you prefer – Director.

Presenter
Investigative journalist
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times
Sunny and 70 in the NV desert today -- perfect!

Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home? A sofa in the living room and a bed/mattress for the guest bedroom.

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)? Treasurer and a member of the firing committee for my ceramics club.

If yes, what are some of your duties? Keeping track of revenue and expenses; maintaining a membership list; deposits in the bank; check writing; filing an annual report with the association; loading and unloading the kilns.

If you were given a job on a TV news program, which role would you prefer –

Presenter
Investigative journalist <-------
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Since Rainroosty invited you all to visit me in Australia (in last Friday’s QOTD), I need to get organised. Assuming I could magically transport you, where in Australia would you most like to visit? Sydney and Canberra.

Glad you're drying out Kobber. Happy day everyone!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home?
A recliner and it resides in the family room.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)?
I no longer do, but The Super Chief does.

Although I no longer serve I seem to get stuck with unofficial duties assigned by The Super Chief.

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson
Live on the scene reporter.

Just for fun:

Since Rainroosty invited you all to visit me in Australia (in last Friday’s QOTD), I need to get organised. Assuming I could magically transport you, where in Australia would you most like to visit?

Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is a large sandstone rock formation in the southern part of the Northern Territory, central Australia. It lies 335 km south west of the nearest large town, Alice Springs, 450 km by road.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,886,954 times
[quote=Kobber;28099057]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 5th, 2013. The floods in my neck of the woods have now subsided, the roads are open again and the lawn mowing guy helpfully cleared the garden of blown-about leaves, twigs and branches and took them to the dump, where – along with everyone else’s green waste – they will be mulched by the council and used in town landscaping projects. Apart from a bit of squelch underfoot, everything looks normal again!

Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home?....A small oak book case the perfect size for the DVD collection. It lives in the basement next to an oak claw and glass ball table.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)?.......Barely have time to take care of myself and workaholic ways.

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist<---------------People vomit their whole life stories on me all the time whether I want them to or not.
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Just for fun:

Since Rainroosty invited you all to visit me in Australia (in last Friday’s QOTD), I need to get organised. Assuming I could magically transport you, where in Australia would you most like to visit?....We were up in Cairns and visited a couple of islands off the coast in the Barrier Reef. Green Island and Fitzroy. We couldn't swim off of the main coast because of the box jelly fish. I wish we had gone further up to Kakadu. We saw pretty much the whole East coast now I'd like to see Ayers and the West coast. Beautiful place Australia. I loved it there. I think that's why Hawaii was such a big disappointment. We should have gone there first because it just pales in comparison to Australia. (Even the pineapple was better there.)

Today in History:

A quick look at the listing shows that nothing exciting that would be of general interest happened on this day, so I’m passing on it!

Today’s Word:

Epexegesis \ ep-ek-si-JEE-sis \ , noun;
1. the addition of a word or words to explain a preceding word or sentence.
2. the word or words so added.

Today Is:

National Pancake Day
Weatherperson’s Day
Western Monarch Day
World Nutella Day
African American Coaches Day
Thanks Kobber. I hope we get back to Australia some day before we get too old to make the trip. It's a long long trip from here.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM

72,545 posts, read 18,260,885 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home?

Bought a coffee table. The old one needed repairs

Extra Credit Question:

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)?

I am with the Kiwanis in my city. I was a Secretary for 3 years. Now I am an advisor.

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Just for fun:

Since Rainroosty invited you all to visit me in Australia (in last Friday’s QOTD), I need to get organised. Assuming I could magically transport you, where in Australia would you most like to visit?

I lived in Melbourne when I was 12. I would love to visit Luna Park and the Yarra River

Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last item of furniture you bought, and where does it live in your home? Desk for the office.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you serve in an official capacity on any voluntary committees (PTA, Scouts, Rotary, HOA, Sporting Club etc)? I am the official beer tester for our retirement section.

If yes, what are some of your duties? Collect the money, go to the store, buy the various beers, drink them, report if they are good or not for others to consume. Unfortunately I haven't found any suitable ones for them, yet.

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist XX
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Just for fun:

Since Rainroosty invited you all to visit me in Australia (in last Friday’s QOTD), I need to get organised. Assuming I could magically transport you, where in Australia would you most like to visit? Cairns, been there, beautiful place. Next stop would be the fantastic Great Barrier Reef.

Today in History:

A quick look at the listing shows that nothing exciting that would be of general interest happened on this day, so I’m passing on it!

Today’s Word:

Epexegesis \ ep-ek-si-JEE-sis \ , noun;
1. the addition of a word or words to explain a preceding word or sentence.
2. the word or words so added.
Huh?

Today Is:

National Pancake Day...
Weatherperson’s Day...It's okay whether they get it right or not if they look good doing it.
Western Monarch Day... Butterflies, yay
World Nutella Day...ok
African American Coaches Day...ok

Happy Tuesday everyone, while you're at work I'm going shopping, enjoy...

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,078,395 times
Today’s Question:

I bought a new recliner a few months ago. It resides in a great location about 10 feet from my TV...lol.

Extra Credit Question:

Not at this time.

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson

Just for fun:

The Great Barrier Reef

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM

21,730 posts, read 8,871,215 times
Today’s Question:

A mattress and box springs, which live in the bedroom

Extra Credit Question:

No, but when I was in a book group, I was secretary.
Writing a monthly newsletter

Bonus Question:

Presenter
Investigative journalist
Sports reporter
Finance reporter
Weatherperson
Audio mixer. That's the job I actually before I retired from one of our local TV stations. I'm much too shy to be in front of the camera!

Just for fun:

Sydney and Melbourne. To anyone who's interested in Australia, I highly recommend In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson, an account of his travels across the continent which is fascinating reading.

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 PM

21,730 posts, read 8,871,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Audio mixer. That's the job I actually before I retired from one of our local TV stations. I'm much too shy to be in front of the camera!
Oops! This sentence should read, "That's the job I actually had ..."

Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
bjh

60,510 posts, read 30,661,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 5th, 2013. The floods in my neck of the woods have now subsided, the roads are open again and the lawn mowing guy helpfully cleared the garden of blown-about leaves, twigs and branches and took them to the dump, where – along with everyone else’s green waste – they will be mulched by the council and used in town landscaping projects. Apart from a bit of squelch underfoot, everything looks normal again!
Lucky thing you didn't need the ark.

Today’s Question:
My first thought: bought a new refrigerator last year. But that's an appliance isn't it?
Anyway you've probably already guessed where it lives.

Extra Credit Question:
Not at the moment. Unless you count the Cleaning Out the Fridge and Cabinets of Food committee here at home.
I'm polishing off some chocolate sorbet as we "speak."

Bonus Question:
Investigative journalist - kick some butts that need kickin'
Weatherperson - looks like fun, besides, I'm stupidly fascinated with weather.

Just for fun:
Queensland, the gold coast. Tell me Kobber. Is it true what they say? That people from Queensland are as mad/crazy as cut snakes?

Today Is:
National Pancake Day
Pass the syrup, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics