Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 AM

62,620 posts, read 88,705,178 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

Do you do your grocery shopping:

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?

Mostly once a week, but sometimes only 3 x a month

Once every other week?
Once a month?

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores?

No. I go to a supermarket, then visit Farmers Marker and an ethnic store

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands?

Both

If so, what foods do you get there?

Certified organic produce, cheese, eggs, honey, preserves, pastured chicken, herbs, grass feed meat, baked goods.

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house?

Last Saturday

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types?

It's bagless

If you have any pets, what do they do when they see the vacuum come out of the closet?

No pets in my household

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it?

Didn't watched the game

What was your favorite commercial this year?

I don't watch commercials

How did you pass the time during the blackout in the stadium?

N/A

Did anyone place any friendly wagers about the outcome of the game?

N/A

If so, how did you do?

N/A

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color?

Depends ... ( flowers? interior? clothes? cars? hair? ... )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
Hello all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post

Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to another busy week! This is a hectic one at the BookWorm household – heck, the whole month of February is a hectic one here.

Our night-owls are getting an early crack at the QOTD because the forecast in south-central Wisconsin is for several inches of snow overnight, and I expect to be outdoors shoveling the driveway at the time when I’d usually log on to post this.

But before I go tackle the snow, let’s take a few moments together to talk about:

Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month?
About 3 times per week.

Quote:
Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores?
I shop at several different stores.

Quote:
Quote:

When I see them in the summer. Usually fresh vegetables.
I found one last year that also sells bread and eggs. Way out of the way for me now. I'll have to find one in my new area in a few months.

Quote:

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types?

If you have any pets, what do they do when they see the vacuum come out of the closet?
Over the weekend. I have bagless and I do not have any pets.

Quote:
If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it?
N/A. Football is way too violent and macho for my taste.

Quote:
I never watch commercials. When I'm watching something else on TV they go on mute.

Quote:

If so, how did you do?
N/A to the above.

Quote:

Brown.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Good morning!!!

Do you do your grocery shopping: It depends

Daily?
A couple times a week? When we are in the RV. The refrigerator is too small.
Once a week? Usually this unless I go to both close towns in one week.
Once every other week?
Once a month?

Usually one.

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? Absolutely

If so, what foods do you get there? Fresh fruit and veggies in season, local honey, and farm fresh eggs

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? Last night. I sweep up every day especially with the wood stove being used.

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? Bagless..it doesn't get smelly

If you have any pets, what do they do when they see the vacuum come out of the closet? My dog used to chase it...now she won't even get out of the way

If so, how did you do?

No football here.

What is your favorite color? No favorite.
I love bright colors like orange and yellow for shirts, neutral browns/tans in/on houses, metallics for cars, and the ones that always catch my eye on paper or art is fuchsia and purple.

Have a great day!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times
Quote:
Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to another busy week! This is a hectic one at the BookWorm household – heck, the whole month of February is a hectic one here.

Our night-owls are getting an early crack at the QOTD because the forecast in south-central Wisconsin is for several inches of snow overnight, and I expect to be outdoors shoveling the driveway at the time when I’d usually log on to post this.

But before I go tackle the snow, let’s take a few moments together to talk about:

Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week? Only if I forget something
Once a week? Usually this
Once every other week?
Once a month?

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores? Usually one unless the others have items cheaper then the one I usually go to.

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? Yes

Fruits and veggies

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? A week ago.

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? Bagless

Only pet we have is fish.

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it? Didn't watch it.

What was your favorite commercial this year? Didn't see them either.

How did you pass the time during the blackout in the stadium? I was dozing while watching a movie.

Did anyone place any friendly wagers about the outcome of the game? No

If so, how did you do?

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color? I like light purple alot.

Today in History:

1169 – A strong earthquake strikes the Ionian coast of Sicily, causing tens of thousands of deaths and injuries
1789 – George Washington is unanimously elected as the first President of the United States by the U. S. Electoral College
1794 – The French legislature abolishes slavery throughout all territories of the French Republic
1797 – The Riobamba Earthquake strikes Ecuador, causing up to 40,000 casualties
1861 – In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America
1936 – Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically
1938Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is released nationwide in the United States, the first feature-length film to use cel animation
1941 – The United Service Organization (USO) is formed to entertain American troops
1948 – Ceylon (later named Sri Lanka) becomes independent within the British Commonwealth
1974 – The Symbionese Liberation Army kidnaps Patty Hearst in Berkeley, California
1976 – In Guatemala and Honduras, an earthquake kills more than 22,000
2004 – Facebook is founded by Mark Zuckerberg -

Today’s Word:

Reticulate \rĕ tĭk yə lāt\
Adjective: Resembling or forming a net or network
Verb: To make a net or network of; to mark with lines resembling a network

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Create a Vacuum Day
Gumby’s Birthday
USO Day
Heavenly Hash Day
World Cancer Day - Wish a cure was available for this terrible disease.
Quacker Day - Quack Quack!

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,001,917 times
Good morning to all!

Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month?

We go to different stores based on what we need at the time.

No we don't.

Extra Credit Question:

Once a week.

Bags

No critters in our house anymore.

Bonus Question:

Seeing the Ravens win.

The E Trade baby spending money. Also enjoyed hearing Paul Harvey's voice again on the Dodge Ram commercial.

Listening to people complain about it and wishing that Phil Simms' microphone didn't work when power was brought back.

Not me.

Just for Fun:

Blue

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Create a Vacuum Day
Gumby’s Birthday
USO Day
Heavenly Hash Day
World Cancer Day
Quacker Day

Have a great day everybody!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,705,520 times
Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month? More like twice a month, on paydays

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores? Just one. Not much choice in a small town. lol

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? Nope

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? Yesterday morning

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? We go bagless

She's OK with it and will sit there and watch. lol

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it? Didn't watch

If so, how did you do?

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color? Blue

Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 10 days ago)

4,735 posts, read 3,307,556 times
Today’s Question(s):

Do you do your grocery shopping: Yes

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month?

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores? Not much choice in grocery stores where I live so just one.

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? Yes

If so, what foods do you get there? Melons and fresh corn.

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? Last Monday.....it's due.

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? It has a bag.

If you have any pets, what do they do when they see the vacuum come out of the closet? My pets are not in the house.

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it? Didn't watch it.

If so, how did you do?

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color? Green

Today in History:

1169 – A strong earthquake strikes the Ionian coast of Sicily, causing tens of thousands of deaths and injuries
1789 – George Washington is unanimously elected as the first President of the United States by the U. S. Electoral College
1794 – The French legislature abolishes slavery throughout all territories of the French Republic
1797 – The Riobamba Earthquake strikes Ecuador, causing up to 40,000 casualties
1861 – In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America
1936 – Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically
1938Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is released nationwide in the United States, the first feature-length film to use cel animation
1941 – The United Service Organization (USO) is formed to entertain American troops
1948 – Ceylon (later named Sri Lanka) becomes independent within the British Commonwealth
1974 – The Symbionese Liberation Army kidnaps Patty Hearst in Berkeley, California
1976 – In Guatemala and Honduras, an earthquake kills more than 22,000
2004 – Facebook is founded by Mark Zuckerberg

Today’s Word:

Verb: To make a net or network of; to mark with lines resembling a network

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Create a Vacuum Day
Gumby’s Birthday
USO Day
Heavenly Hash Day
World Cancer Day I've lost too many loved ones to cancer.
Quacker Day

Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,322,310 times
Quote:
Good morning MBW!
Our night-owls are getting an early crack at the QOTD because the forecast in south-central Wisconsin is for several inches of snow overnight, and I expect to be outdoors shoveling the driveway at the time when I’d usually log on to post this. Hope you were dressed super warm for all that shoveling!

But before I go tackle the snow, let’s take a few moments together to talk about: I'm ready!!!

Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month? I shop for the month, but there are always those things that I have to run to the store for every week. I have an upright deep freezer, and a huge fridge and two pantries, but I still have those items that require a short trip. When I get my dairy cow, many of those trips won't be needed anymore.

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores? I shop at several.

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? We are blessed with lovely farms out here, and there are 2 that I frequently go to. I buy in bulk when the crops are fresh, and one of the farms runs an "Open Kitchen" where you can have a nice meal. DH and I like going there from time to time. If the weather is good, you can dine on the huge back porch. If the weather is bad you can sit with others at the dining table. It's a wonderful way to get to know your neighbors, since chatting over the fence isn't really possible. LOL

If so, what foods do you get there? Fruits, nuts and vegies. We also have eggs and occasionally fresh chicken delivered every week, as well as hand made soap made from goats milk. Awesome stuff and it's all I use.

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? Yesterday before my guests arrived.

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? Bagless.

If you have any pets, what do they do when they see the vacuum come out of the closet? Brat stares at it in horror while Max just gets up on a table or sofa and watches it like it was the enemy. LOL

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it? All the crazyness when the lights went out.

What was your favorite commercial this year? As always, it was the Budweiser Clydesdale story.

How did you pass the time during the blackout in the stadium? Most everyone made trips to the bathroom, while others refilled glasses and/or plates. I cleaned up the mini messes, emptied ashtrays and refilled the platters and chip/dip bowls.

Did anyone place any friendly wagers about the outcome of the game? There was some wagering going on for sure, but not for me. My idea of gambling is taking a chance on a new recipe. LOL

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color? Emerald Green, also my birthstone.

Today in History:

2004 – Facebook is founded by Mark Zuckerberg UGH !

Today’s Word:

Verb: To make a net or network of; to mark with lines resembling a network Yeah, I know this word! It's what is going on around my eyes! Argh!

Today is:
National Popcorn Day
Create a Vacuum Day
Gumby’s Birthday I love Gumby, but I love Pokey more!
USO Day
Heavenly Hash Day
World Cancer Day Wish we had no need for this , but I'm glad it has recognition!
Quacker Day
The Quacker Factory Rules!!!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Happy Monday all! Going to be a busy week for me so I hope it goes fast!

Today’s Question(s):

Daily?
A couple times a week?
Once a week?
Once every other week?
Once a month?

Do you go to just one grocery store for everything on your list, or do you shop at several grocery stores? just one and then once every month or two I get toiletiere and paper goods at Super Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree.

Do you ever shop for food at a Farmers’ Market or at farm stands? They only have those here in the summer months but I go to them once in awhile.

mostly sweet corn and melons

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last sweep or vacuum your house? last week

Does your vacuum have bags to catch the dust, or is it one of those bagless types? It is an old Kirby and has a bag. I also have a small bagless one but it doesn't work as well.

Bonus Question:

If you watched that big football game that everyone was talking about yesterday, what was your favorite part of it? Didn't watch until the fourth quarter

What was your favorite commercial this year? the farmer

How did you pass the time during the blackout in the stadium? played a game on my Ipad.

Did anyone place any friendly wagers about the outcome of the game? me and everybody else in my town.

If so, how did you do?
I won....not sure yet, $50.

Just for Fun:

What is your favorite color? blue

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM

30,952 posts, read 16,537,544 times
Quote:

Better you than me! Nothing personal-better ANYBODY than me!

Today’s Question(s):

Usually just go whenever but I'm going to try to plan and go less often.

There is only one locally.

Farmers market when open (usually Memorial Day until whenever the produce stops producing

Tomatoes, cukes, corn, melons, occasionally a baked thingy.

Extra Credit Question:

[b]When did you last sweep or vacuum your house?
Dang-knew there was something I was forgetting to do

Bagless

Just for Fun:

blue. sometimes. green quite a bit. purples are good but not lavender. and then there's pink, as long as it's not sissy pink. Does that answer the question?

Today is:

National Popcorn Day
Create a Vacuum Day
Gumby’s Birthday
USO Day
Heavenly Hash Day
World Cancer Day
Quacker Day
Quacker Day? Everyone have a good Quacker Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics