Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

When did you last visit the dentist, and what treatment did you need?.......A month ago, cleaning

Extra Credit Question:

Today is National Mountain Day.

(a) Which mountain or mountain range is closest to where you live? ...The Sierra's

(b) Have you ever climbed a mountain all the way to the top?...Not any major mountain but yes some local.

Bonus Question:

Helen the Hamper Fairy will bring you a big basket of edible goodies for the holiday season – whether they’re in season or not and regardless of cost. What goodies would you like in your hamper?......Salsa and chips

Just for fun:

What’s the most important chore or task you need to accomplish this week?...Just get through this week at work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Today’s Question:

When did you last visit the dentist, and what treatment did you need?

About a year ago, I had a chipped tooth that needed to be repaired.

Extra Credit Question:

(a) Which mountain or mountain range is closest to where you live? Davis Mountains in far West Texas.

(b) Have you ever climbed a mountain all the way to the top? Not all the way to the top but near the top.

Bonus Question:

Helen the Hamper Fairy will bring you a big basket of edible goodies for the holiday season – whether they’re in season or not and regardless of cost. What goodies would you like in your hamper?

Fudge, brownies, & peanut brittle. I'll take a nice warm Dutch apple pie too!

Just for fun:

What’s the most important chore or task you need to accomplish this week?

Get my dog his annual shots with the veterinarian (I'll be doing that later this afternoon)

Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Today’s Question:

Last month for a routine checkup and cleaning

Extra Credit Question:

(a) Which mountain or mountain range is closest to where you live?
I live on Mount Davidson, San Francisco's highest peak at 927, 928 or 938 feet (282.5, 283 or 286 meters) depending on which source you believe.
(b) Have you ever climbed a mountain all the way to the top?
Yes, I've climbed to the top of Mount Davidson, a city park which is criss-crossed by walking trails.

Bonus Question:

Helen the Hamper Fairy will bring you a big basket of edible goodies for the holiday season – whether they’re in season or not and regardless of cost. What goodies would you like in your hamper?
I would like a bottle or two of really good Champagne, a bottle of Chateau Lafitte Rothschild or an equivalent French burgundy, a smoked turkey and ham, some decorated Christmas cookies that I can pass off as my own and a chocolate brownie ice cream cake.

Just for fun:

I need to ice the traditional British Christmas cake I'm giving to my hair stylist, who is from London and requests one every year. I was going to get started today, but I'm out of confectioner's (caster) sugar.

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Today’s Question:

It's been a while and I need to get my wise-azz tooth pulled

Extra Credit Question:

San Gabriel Mountains
Heck no!

Bonus Question:

Gimme cheese ... All kinds of cheese

Just for fun:

Hmmm ... Finding a way to squeeze Disneyland into this hectic week

Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=Kobber;27292816]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 11th December, 2012. I’m spending a lot of time (and money) this week at the dentist. It’s no fun, but at least I’m getting it all out of the way before Christmas and our summer holidays.

Today’s Question:

When did you last visit the dentist, and what treatment did you need?....In September, just a routine cleaning. No cavities. I have great teeth.

Extra Credit Question:

(a) Which mountain or mountain range is closest to where you live? ......Blue Ridge, but still so far away.

(b) Have you ever climbed a mountain all the way to the top?....No, but I drove a 42 Willys jeep to the top of the Sierra Nevada's and watched fireworks. They went off right at eye level. It was fun and smoking something fun made it even more fun. I've never seen such amazing stars.

Bonus Question:

Helen the Hamper Fairy will bring you a big basket of edible goodies for the holiday season – whether they’re in season or not and regardless of cost. What goodies would you like in your hamper?.... I'm already on sugar over load so how about a personal trainer instead.

Just for fun:

What’s the most important chore or task you need to accomplish this week?....The food museum at MIL's house is under control and the kitchen is clean. I guess give the rest of the house a good cleaning before we leave on Friday. We put a new battery in her car today. She drives at 85. Scary.

Today in History:

1620 103 Mayflower pilgrims land at Plymouth Rock
1719 First recorded display of Aurora Borealis in U.S. (New England)

The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in Finland - YouTube
1816 Indiana becomes 19th state
1844 First dental use of nitrous oxide, Hartford, Ct
1909 Colored moving pictures demonstrated at Madison Square Garden, New York City
1932 San Francisco's coldest day (27 degrees F) - it snows
1936 King Edward VIII marries Mrs. Wallis Simpson; abdicates throne. Duke of York becomes King George VI
1985 Dow Jones closes above 1,500 for first time

Today’s Word:

Cruciverbalist / kroo-suh-VUR-buh-list \ , noun;
1. A designer or aficionado of crossword puzzles.

Today Is:

International Mountain Day
UNICEF birthday
National Knitters Day
National Noodle Ring Day
Thanks Kobber. We had snow today up here in Grandma and Grandpa land. One of the shorties said that Wisconsin is where all the Grandmas and Grandpas live.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Since Pammy suggested that QOTD posters answer their own questions, here I am - better late than never!

Today’s Question
:

Yesterday and today. Fillings (a couple of new ones and several replacements to old ones).

Extra Credit Question:

Australia doesn't have any huge mountains - most of them would be better described as lumps. The closest to me would be the Glass House Mountains in Queensland, the tallest of which is only 556 metres (1824 feet) above sea level.
Not using my legs, but I have using four wheels and an engine.

Bonus Question:

I'd like a good mix of prawns, crabs, mussels, squid, oysters and lobsters, some interesting sauces to go with them, and some Belgian chocolate.

Just for fun:

Get the grassy areas on the long driveway re-seeded, and dig a new area in the garden so roomie can plant her tomatoes.

Last edited by Kobber; 12-11-2012 at 11:37 PM..

Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Great video of the northern lights Kobber!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Glad you enjoyed it SatX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics