Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,326,255 times

Advertisements

My grandfather's voice
The river lapping on the shore on a quiet, sunny morn
The rain on our tin roof at camp
A baby, laughing from its toes
A roaring fireplace
Snowfall on Christmas Eve, while the fireplace crackles
A motorboat chugging down the river, its driver searching for fish for dinner
Kids playing hide 'n go seek down the street
The children I never had
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 03:48 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,013,650 times
The sounds of little kittens when when they learn about you giving them milk on your finger tip.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 22,016,123 times
I miss the sound of the Fog Horn when visiting the Ocean beach during a Foggy night. (long time ago)

I miss the sound of canarys chirping back and forth. (My mother had two...male and female who were in separate rooms...could not see ea other thus the chirping back anf forth).

I miss the sound of running water in a small creek.

The canarys and the running water I took care of with todays technology.

Bought a small elect clock when at 12 noon will chirp a birds whistle (or) a running creek water (or) the Wind blowing thru the tree branches at night (or) the soft hooting of an Owl at night for Two hrs straight...matter of choice.

Also bought a miniture 4 tier Antique style water hand pump (elect powered) that circulates the water after draining down from one tier to the other (similiar to that of some back yards) that sits on the shelf of my oversized fireplace. People are always asking me about the sound of running water or a bird chirping after they look around and are puzzled.

I do still miss many old SOUNDS while a couple are still with me

Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM

34,368 posts, read 20,639,752 times
The loud SLAP of a parent giving their spoiled brat what they deserve!

Sorry, I just came from walmart.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM

7,434 posts, read 5,540,546 times
The sounds of my children's voices when they were little and still lived at home. And yes, even when they were fighting with each other.
The sounds of my two dear cats who have passed away at ages 18 and 19 years old.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:50 AM

36,545 posts, read 16,139,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
The loud SLAP of a parent giving their spoiled brat what they deserve!

Sorry, I just came from walmart.
Hahahaha~~~Too funny

I miss my grandmas canary and parakeet chirping! Waking up to hear my grandpa's radio really low letting me know he was up and taking a bath.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,893,103 times
I really miss the sound of my husband getting up for work at 4 am, kissing me before he left and giving me the list of don't forget to do's for the day....our 21st anniversary would have been this Friday.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM

6,987 posts, read 22,016,123 times
I am sorry for your loss. 21 yrs is a short time for some and a long time for others.

This sat Aug 18th would have been our 58th Anniversary. She has been gone 39 yrs this coming Oct 16th.

I'm reminded when reading the newspaper a while back where a husband and wife had an arguement one night and did not speak anymore. Her custom was to fill his lunch pail every morning before his going to work. They never spoke and he left leaving the lunch pail behind. Later that day he died in a auto accident on the way home from work.

My wife and I had our disagreements many times during our early yrs of marriage (common for many I suppose). Always asked for a kiss before going to sleep after one of our disputes. She would decline and I offered her a Yankee dime for one or a nickle for a peck. That was the breaker.

Never go to bed being angry with your spouse as you never know what the next day may bring.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,893,103 times
So true Steve. I was married almost 11 years whem he was killed. The good thing was he called to tell me he loved me right before it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics