Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,547,080 times

Advertisements

Happy Tuesday to all!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? no

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? bing cherries

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? The John Hancock building in Chicago

Just for Fun:

‘Cheerios’ were introduced on this day in 1941. Do you eat Cheerios…..I used to when I was a kid.

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,604,732 times
Good Morning all! I got in early to get stuff done so I can leave to spend the day with the Momma...off to a mani/pedi for her birthday!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting?
Nope, can't say that I have.

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? I want a pecan tree....I have the fruit trees.

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? Sears building in Chicago

Just for Fun:

‘Cheerios’ were introduced on this day in 1941. Do you eat Cheerios…..

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally-when the girls were babies, they loved these!
Hardly ever
Never

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Keep Kids Alive! Drive 25 Day
Batman Day
My Mom's birthday!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,694,009 times
oday’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? Nope

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Golden delicious apple tree

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? The Jefferson Davis Monument in Fairview, Ky. Just 351 ft. tall

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally But I prefer the Honey Nut Cheerios
Hardly ever
Never

Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,167,745 times
Happy May Day!

[b]Today’s Question:[/B

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. [b]Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting?[No

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver?
Just one??? I can only have just one??? I would love to have a "clementine tree" then "a lime, lemon, apple, pear, avocado, cherry, plum if she's feeling real generous!

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of?
The one in Chicago.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;
1. A scrap or morsel of food left at a meal. Sounds like it should be an amphibian.

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Batman Day

Thanks for the Q's today, kobber! Have a great day y'all!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 9,393,489 times
Good morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for the first day of May! I’m still messing about with plans for the garage conversion but have found a guy who has produced a much more detailed set of plans – they make me cross-eyed, but I’m sure the council will love them!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting?
I've done several of these, All of the one's I took part in were in Washington, DC. I'm guessing I took part in between 15-20. In order:
(edit to add and avoid confusion that I am a staunch supporter of the folowing)

Various Church - State separation violations/issues (One of these and a coincidence, we were side by side with NOW. That was a memorable and worthwhile event. I'm also a supporter of equal rights for women)

Decriminalizing and medical marijuana access (many years ago. So glad progress has been made)

Gay marriage rights (I'm straight; progress in this area as well)

Extra Credit Question :

Quote:
Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver?
Orange, since I eat one everyday.

Bonus Question:

Quote:
On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of?
Empire State Building a very long time ago.

Just for Fun:

Quote:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never
Never, not enough fiber.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by John13; 05-01-2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 AM

604 posts, read 457,725 times
Good morning Everybody!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? No

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? how about a lemon tree!

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? the Penobscot Narrows Observatory, in Prospect Maine. What a view!

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally - I like the honey nut variety.
Hardly ever
Never

Thanks Kobber! Have a great day!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,522,440 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? Iran Human Rights Violations, Prop 8, Forcing Cochlear Implants on Deaf Children.

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Mangos!

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? Probably the Empire State Building.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;
1. A scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.

My dog leaves a lot of these behind.

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Batman Day

Enjoy your day folks!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,273,548 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? If I protested too much, I got marched to the bathroom for an "attitude adjustment" with the razor strap.

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Sweet, juicy, perfectly ripened pineapple.

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? Might have been the Empire State Building. I went to the top of it when I was 11.

Just for Fun:

‘Cheerios’ were introduced on this day in 1941. Do you eat Cheerios….. No, never thought much of them. Don't like stuff that floats around and you have to chase it down.

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never x

Today in History:

1707 England, Wales and Scotland form United Kingdom of Great Britain
1840 First adhesive postage stamps ("Penny Blacks" from England) issued
1844 Samuel Morse sends first telegraphic message
1931 Empire State Building opens in New York City
1935 Canada's first silver dollar is circulated
1941 General Mills introduces Cheerios
1947 Radar for commercial and private planes first demonstrated
1971 Amtrak Railroad begins operation
2011 President Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden was killed by American military operatives No, I won't say it.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,979,136 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? - Oh I don't know.. whenever I see a group of people marching, I just join them.. thinking it's a party or something..

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? - The Tree Of.. Knowledge... Oh wait, I can't eat that fruit... I'll take a fig tree.

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? - I was on the roof of my house.. does that count? - Actually, it was in the 40-story Chase Tower, originally built as the Valley Bank Tower in 1972-1973, in downtown Phoenix.

Just for Fun:

‘Cheerios’ were introduced on this day in 1941. Do you eat Cheerios….. - I haven't eaten Cheerios since the early 1970s.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
Today’s Question:
In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? No.

Extra Credit Question :
Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? It's a tossup between pears and oranges.

Bonus Question:
On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? Sears Tower in Chicago (now the Willis Tower). The couple of times I was there, it was still the tallest building in the world.

Just for Fun:
Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever - I buy a box less than once a year. I prefer cereals which aren't as highly processed and which have lots more fiber.
Never

Today’s Word:
Ort \ awrt \ , noun;
1. A scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.
I've known this word since I was a kid. Not sure why. I've used it in writing, but don't recall ever using it in conversation.

Today Is:
May Day Happy May 1st!
Global Love Day I love my C-D friends around the globe!
World Asthma Day I'm sorry for those who suffer from this.
Stepmother’s Day Yay!
Mother Goose Day Whatever happened to Father Goose?
Keep Kids Alive! Drive 25 Day That's a good idea! I drive slowly in residential neighborhoods.
Batman Day I've never read the comics, nor seen any of the Batman movies, but I used to watch the Batman cartoon on TV in the 60s.

Have a happy day, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-01-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics