Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,651,490 times

Advertisements

Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? Yes

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? Cloning common sense genes

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be? The Price is Right

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim") No

Anyone have a barking dogs in their neighborhood? Does building count?

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season? No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,498,359 times
Good afternoon everybody from a sunny England. My son has been visiting, and has just left, so I can get back to important things like QOTD!! Now then, yes, I have written to a politician. I wrote to Neil Kinnock when he was leader of the Labour Party many years ago.
I'd love to host a game show called 'Play Your Cards Right' which was on the telly many years ago. April Fools pranks used to be my speciality!! Don't do them anymore because Judy says "David, that is so childish" as I laugh like a drain. I do have a barking dog next door, but it's bark is'nt too loud, just slightly annoying. Enjoy your Sunday all !!!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,723,342 times
[quote=GarlicGuy;23661923]Good morning to you all. Lets get started

Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? No.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? St Jude.

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be? The Newlywed Game.

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim") Sure.

Anyone have a barking dogs in their neighborhood?
When APS comes to read the meters, you can hear a "bark wave" as he makes his way down the street.

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season?I've been collecting seeds for years, I swore this year they would be planted. It took me three days to find the seed packets but they did make it into the ground.We also purchased seeds packaged for this year. We'll see what happens.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,113,440 times
Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? I think I have once ...
If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? My church

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be?
I dunno ...

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim"):
Nope

My complex does not allow dogs so no barking dogs in this neighborhood.

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season? Nope

Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,281,963 times
Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? Yep.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? Help for military and their families.

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be? "Password".

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim") I don't do pranks and hate it when someone does it to me.

Not me. Too far away from neighbors.

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season? Nope. I've saved some from previous years.

Today's Holidays:
April Fool's Day
Atheist Day Yep, April Fool's Day.
Boomer Bonus Days
International Tatting Day It might surprise people to know that tatting is still a popular craft.
International Tongue Twister Day I hate tripping over my tongue.
Library Snap Shot Day
National Fun Day
Palm Sunday

Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM

34,392 posts, read 20,662,638 times
Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? OMG, NO! I hate them. Tribal politics is 10x worse than American politics in case you folks didn't already know.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? Getting that idiot Trump a new hair stylist!!!! Just kidding. I have many, so I will go with Diabetes, a few charities where the money is actually used for the poor, animal shelters, and people who rescue dogs and cats, horses, etc.

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be? The Newlyweds. From the 60s.

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim") Yes, once in college I went to the Dorm office and called my friend's name over the pager for a phone call. Then I dialed the library's "Dial A Story" and ran out of the room. He came down all sleepy and crusty and when he picked up the phone there were three other people in the room and they all busted out laughing because he threw the phone down.... HARD!

they are too far away to be a bother. The weird lady who I hate has 7 dogs and she is a very poor pack leader. They are all disobedient!!!

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season? No. Too much drought lately. Not worth the hassle. We might do tomatoes in buckets.

Today's Holidays:
April Fool's Day
Atheist Day
Boomer Bonus Days
International Tatting Day
International Tongue Twister Day
Library Snap Shot Day
National Fun Day
Palm Sunday

Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,244,559 times
Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician?

Yes, but mostly on his birthday or to send him Father's Day cards.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for?

A few volunteer fire departments I know of.

Definitely not that one where the host had to kiss all the contestants. Blech!

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim")

Not today. I thought I had a great one, but she wasn't fooled for a moment.

Not to an annoying degree.

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season?

Bought? I'm way beyond that stage. I have 8 shelves in a greenhouse with seedlings I started in February. Probably about 250 or so.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:11 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times
Sunny, 60s and breezy in the NV desert today.

Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician? No.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? So many to choose from! Locally, my library and St. Jude Ranch for Children, and in Wisconsin, AngelsGrace Hospice and NuGenesis Farm.

If you were going to host a game show, which one would it be? Jeopardy.

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim")
Just a couple from my high school and college days.

Anyone have a barking dogs in their neighborhood? No, thank goodness!

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season? No.

Happy Sunday everyone. Thanks for the questions GG.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,459,642 times
Without giving details, have you ever written to a politician?
Nope.

If you were on the show "Celebrity Apprentice" what cause would you raise money for? Humane Society.

Jeopardy.

Have you ever done any good April Fool pranks? (or been the "victim") I have not pulled any pranks but I have been the victim of them.

Yes, in the yard behind me and I appreciate that dog because he lets me know if anyone is in my back yard.

Have you bought any seeds for the upcoming growing season?
Sunflower seeds. I ate them.

Today's Holidays:
April Fool's Day
Atheist Day
Boomer Bonus Days
International Tatting Day
International Tongue Twister Day
Library Snap Shot Day
National Fun Day
Palm Sunday

Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 AM

27,506 posts, read 27,535,492 times
I dont write to or get involved with politics.
I agree with Kebetcha, Id want to raise funding for animal care, rescue them from cruel circumsatnces and make sure they go to good homes.
We used to have a couple of small terrier type dogs next door that barked at their own shadows, but they moved out and the house is vacant now so its been pretty quiet.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics