Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,314,314 times

Advertisements

For me its spiders. I can relate to a mouse, sort of know he's thinking. But a spider I cannot relate to. What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,130,109 times
Scorpions! Oh sorry! Mice ....spiders don't bother me unless they're poisonous. Mice carry diseases!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 PM

782 posts, read 1,112,614 times
-Oh definately mice....Spiders are rather cool...they build beautiful webs..they eat bugs..if it's a poisenous spider I can kill it easily...Mice are parasites full of parasites..they are destructive invaders plus, you can't just step on them because that would be really messy AND they would cry out...I couldn't handle that. And they breed well ..like mice!!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,209,946 times
I hate spiders but mice breed so quickly that by the time you realize you have a mouse, you actually have mice.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,751,122 times
I hate spiders more. They can surprise you more than a mouse can. I sat down at a picnic table once and felt something land on my thigh. It was a Redback Spider that was skulking about on the underside of the picnic table. When we checked the picnic table out further, we found four more, three of them under the seats. I've found them under the hood of my barbeque, on my couch, and most often they're hiding in flowerpots. Redbacks are poisonous.

Then there's the Huntsman, brown and hairy and big as your hand. They're not poisonous but if they bite you feel like you've got the flu. They're horrific looking if you're an arachnophobe, the stuff of nightmares. Several years back I reached for the light switch outside my door and touched something hairy that moved. When my husband swithed on the light we saw a big Huntsman on the wall, about two feet from the switch. I was shocked, thinking I'd touched that. They were always setting up home in my compost boxes too. I'd open the lid and I'd see these hairy legs curl around the rim of the box.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,358,579 times
Mice.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,447,204 times
The only thing I am truly afraid of is a mouse.
I will sleep with the lights on if there is any sign on a mouse in the house.
Thankfully, I haven't had one in quite a few years.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:30 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,207,842 times
A mouse is a mouse however with spiders there are so many variations and sizes.

Every now and again I will get startled by a large never before seen spider lurking close by

Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 AM

4,719 posts, read 3,297,447 times
Spiders!!!! Mice are outside and they don't want to see me anymore than I want to see them. Spiders are EVIL and they bite!!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:37 AM

19,755 posts, read 9,673,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I hate spiders more. They can surprise you more than a mouse can. I sat down at a picnic table once and felt something land on my thigh. It was a Redback Spider that was skulking about on the underside of the picnic table. When we checked the picnic table out further, we found four more, three of them under the seats. I've found them under the hood of my barbeque, on my couch, and most often they're hiding in flowerpots. Redbacks are poisonous.

Then there's the Huntsman, brown and hairy and big as your hand. They're not poisonous but if they bite you feel like you've got the flu. They're horrific looking if you're an arachnophobe, the stuff of nightmares. Several years back I reached for the light switch outside my door and touched something hairy that moved. When my husband swithed on the light we saw a big Huntsman on the wall, about two feet from the switch. I was shocked, thinking I'd touched that. They were always setting up home in my compost boxes too. I'd open the lid and I'd see these hairy legs curl around the rim of the box.
Oh noooo Where's this? I don't think I'd like to live there, [shuddering - at the thought of spiders, much more so - the kind you just mentioned. Running for the hills].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics