Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,227,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
And so does Father Time. One extreme or the other... there are things I can't do now that I could do when I was younger. Why can't there be a middle of the road?
If there was, the universe would have nothing to amuse it!

I can relate though. My brain says i'm still 18. My body says oh Hell no you're not!

Can't win for losing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
I'm in Texas and this summer has been ridiculous. We've been breaking records right and left. I went out for my walk last night and at 8:30pm it was 103* still. Jiminy crickets.

I hope we have a freezing winter. I bought a bunch of winter clothes last year for trips to New England and I'll never get to use them if we don't.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?
I hear ya, Jeze! Once in a while, I'd just like to have a period of time when nothing's extreme. No weird weather events; no drama at the workplace or in relationships; just some regular days when I could coast along and know that nothing will upset the apple cart.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,280,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I hear ya, Jeze! Once in a while, I'd just like to have a period of time when nothing's extreme. No weird weather events; no drama at the workplace or in relationships; just some regular days when I could coast along and know that nothing will upset the apple cart.

I am so thankful when life is running in a boring routine way.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,723,889 times
Solving problems (political or otherwise) is something I explain using a car on a road. We can't drive down the middle!! Something gets out of balance and we over steer and end up in the right ditch. Instead of steering back to the middle we crank it too hard and end up in the left ditch. Right ditch, left ditch, right ditch....

The middle is only a flash as we careen to the other ditch.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM

23,229 posts, read 29,071,258 times
I love to scan the Weather Maps in the paper everyday, both the U.S. and the rest of the world. Am always looking at the temps of all the cities I've traveled to.

I look at Dublin and London everyday, among many others, and it gets monotonous just looking at those temps everyday, followed by cloudy, rainy, partly cloudy. Not much different in Amsterdam.

Given the 300 days of sunshine here, you have my compassion! I feel more sorry for the poor who are unable to escape it for an occasional trip to the Mediterrean coast.

But we have our extremes here as well, in Las Vegas, and I'm not looking forward to the cold winter ahead with the wind. Ignore the Las Vegas boosters, you can freeze here in winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics