Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,084,997 times

Advertisements

Great tips Pam, thanks! I'm definitely going to check out redbox.com. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the monthly rental plan I have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM

44,477 posts, read 20,283,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thanks for the tips. I am always looking for ways to save.

My best tip....stay home. The more you go out of the house the more you spend

For those who have DirecTV or Dish...here is a tip for you. I have DirecTV and have had it for many years. Well they always offer a special deal for "new" customers and not the old reliable customers so I called them about this. I did some brown nosing, as hubby called it, and told the rep that I have been a consistent and good paying customer for years. What can you do for "me". He gave me $25.00 off my bill per month for one year and $5.00 off for the next year. On top of that he threw in the Starz package for two years which gave me about 15 more channels. Hey it can't hurt to ask
This is true! It never hurts to ask. Some companies will cut you a deal and some won't, but you won't know unless you ask! Thanks for the bonus tip, yLisa!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 PM

44,477 posts, read 20,283,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
As usual, these are good tips Pam. Thanks for taking the time to find them for us.
To Lily and others, Part Two tomorrow will have six more great saving tips!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,584,090 times
Hi Pammy, satx and all others ,

Pammy your tips are awesome and ones we should all know. I also buy non-perishable items when on sale with coupons so we always have these items on hand .

I wish we had more room to stock more items but we're doing ok so far. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow and these extras will always help.

Oh ty Glory, I received a freebie today to on the coupon sit!!!! I will go in and post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics