Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 03:28 AM

3,981 posts, read 2,581,504 times

Advertisements

Hey, everyone gets lonely, right? You live alone, no one to talk to. Or your SO is on a business trip... Or they are asleep! Maybe your family is in the other room! HA OR you are at a great party sending this via your droid! There is no one talking to you! (tee heee I can only dream that is my lonely moment someday!) This is the thread to tell it like it is!

Tell us why you are lonely and how it makes you feel!

In this moment I am lonely because...

...I could not sleep and now, I need to but the sun will be coming up and I don't want to miss it. HA It seems to me that I just have way too much day left... no ending! Ah, well, this too will pass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,284,178 times
I'm lonely because I've been away from home, visiting my mother and sisters and their families for 10 days. I miss my hubster, the cats, our home and my own bed. Am also lonely because I've been awake since 4:30 and am waiting for mom to wake up. Can't wait to get home tonight.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 AM

Just like this cat, your felines are sad too! Glad you are going home tonight!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:36 PM

I am feeling lonely for the day that just was. LoL Had a bit of activity and now... nothing! LoL Why can't I just rest and relax??

Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,997,863 times
It's tough being alone all the time. It makes me more depressed. Of course, I know all the common replies. One's situation, health and location can have some impact on possible solutions. I thought it would be nice if there was a chat room option either here or even off this sight. There are places that allow ya to make a chat room and then only pple you want admitted can enter. It could be a help for some of us that frequent the other topics board.

Wild Flower, you like old movies, sometimes a good show can relax me, and divert my mind.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,478,458 times
I am lonely because I got stood up twice this weekend and now I have nothing except homework to do. Dinner plans last night with someone else came through but she made me wait 2 hours and I think the only reason she agreed to do it at all is cause I was crying when she called because close friend passed away and a Marvin Gaye song we used to listen to together came on the radio when she called.

I would even just randomly go to a cafe to do my homework so I could pretend like I have somewhere to go but I am afraid that Marvin Gaye song will keep popping up and remind me of my friend who I would probably be spending this weekend with and not being lonely if he were still around.

(P.S. Usually my friends are not this lame. This is out of the ordinary.)

Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,478,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
It's tough being alone all the time. It makes me more depressed. Of course, I know all the common replies. One's situation, health and location can have some impact on possible solutions. I thought it would be nice if there was a chat room option either here or even off this sight. There are places that allow ya to make a chat room and then only pple you want admitted can enter. It could be a help for some of us that frequent the other topics board.

Wild Flower, you like old movies, sometimes a good show can relax me, and divert my mind.
I would love a CD chat room! I spent a lot of time in chat rooms when I was in chronic pain and deaf, both things that definitely isolate one socially.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times
Loneliness, is a hard emotion... When u feel it u feel it whether u r alone or in a crowd. I suppose it is in the knowing "u r not alone, but u may act alone."

Old 07-17-2011, 01:50 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,405,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I would love a CD chat room! I spent a lot of time in chat rooms when I was in chronic pain and deaf, both things that definitely isolate one socially.
Yeah, a chat room sounds like good idea. We could probably go to one of the chat room website and create our own - C-D chat room or something.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 PM

I really don't care for chat rooms. They aren't bad, I just don't enjoy going to them. If you do a chat room (and that's great if you do), please post in a new thread. Thanks.

I hope people will share here when they are lonely. That was my intention when making this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics