Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 05:16 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,185,055 times

Advertisements

A while back my best half said, Thank You, to me. Well, not knowing what I did to deserve this moment of gratitude I simply ask her, forwhat? She replied, for not making me a SPORTS WIDOW.
And to tell ya the truth, she's right. I've never been one that would sit in front of the TV with my face glued to it watching a stupid ball game. Yelling and carrying on like some neanderthal over something you have no control over the outcome. Wasting time that is better well spent with the family. Or, worse yet, pushing a child to the brakeing point because I want them to be great at sports. Instead of letting grow-up as a child and becomeing what they want to be in life.
Now I do enjoy sitting and watching New Yankee Work Shop, This Old House and Gardening By The Yard. You get to learn new ideas and tech tip from people who are masters at the trades. Not people that could care less if your alive or dead, as long as your dumb enough to pay the high cost for a ticket or crap with the team logo on it, so they may earn Millions and commit fellony acts and still play ball games.
I once had a sibling come in from out of state, they called and asked if they could come over for a visit. Well now of course I said, yes. Then they asked if we had the sports channel on satellite TV . Well, I had to tell them "NO we don't", a little white lie to see what happens. Needless to say they never came over. About a week after they went home I talks to the sibling who's house that they did go to. And was told that they came over so that the spouce could watch the Tour De France. Now if that don't make your popcorn pop, what would.
So to honk my own horn, I am proud to say that, I'm glad that I don't make my wife a SPORTS WIDOW.
So, does your chubby hubby make you a SPORTS WIDOW, and why do you put up with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 05:51 PM

27,443 posts, read 27,477,550 times
Well Im not married but last guy I lived with it wasnt a problem because we liked watching the NYY or an occaisional Nascar race. But most weekends he was gone anyway so I was free to watch an occaiaional game or race....from the sports bar not far from where we lived.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 PM

23,037 posts, read 34,477,675 times
My husband is a "sports widower" I LOVE to watch football

Old 08-05-2007, 05:56 PM

536 posts, read 1,195,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
My husband is a "sports widower" I LOVE to watch football
your husband is a lucky man (oops sorry i know this thread is for ladies only)

Old 08-05-2007, 07:03 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,464,343 times
My house is that of Nascar. But, right now, tv, for me is trivial.

I really like the shows you speak of... How about Just ask this old House?

Oh well, right now a repeat of Desperate housewives is on, for noise only. The rain is falling, the cars are passying by, splashing the water off the ground, and here I am...thinking, what a great guy!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:14 PM

36,518 posts, read 16,110,071 times
Never been with a TOTAL sports nut, I guess I have been more into them than the guys I have shared time with. Love it all!!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,971,618 times
Though I very much enjoy an occasional game on tv, my wife has no understanding of sports so I limit my game viewing to times when she is not at home. I might make an exception with the super bowl or the deciding game of the world series, but that's about it. Yeah, I miss some pretty cool games, but I don't ever want her to be any kind of widow.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,475,790 times
for all those men who say, Why buy a cow when you can get milk for free. Here's an update for you: Now days, 80% of women are against marriage, WHY? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.

Men are like....

1. Men are like ..Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.

2. Men are like.Bananas The older they get, the less firm they are.

3. Men are like Weather Nothing can be done to change them.

4. Men are like ....Blenders You need One, but you're not quite sure why.

5. Men are like ....Chocolate Bars Sweet, smooth, & they usually head right for your hips.

6. Men are like ....Commercials ....... You can't believe a word they say.

7. Men are like Department Stores Their clothes are always 1/2 off!

8. Men are like ......Government Bonds .... They take soooooooo long to mature.

9. Men are like .....Mascara They usually run at the first sign of emotion.

10. Men are like Popcorn They satisfy you, but only for a little while.

11. Men are like Snowstorms You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.

12. Men are like .........Lava Lamps Fun to look at, but not very bright.

13. Men are like Parking Spots All the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped.

Now send this to all the remarkable women you know, as well as to any understanding good-natured, fun kinda guys you might be lucky enough to know !!!!!!!!!!

You Got Served!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,302,605 times
My husband and I both watch football the problem comes when both of our teams are playing on different stations or against each other...lol I'm a Broncos fan he's a Vikings Fan. And we both play fantasy football every season.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,530 posts, read 6,352,030 times
I really dont care for sports but its okay with me if a guy watches it. Just so he's not addicted to it. I can find other stuff to do on my own. Its okay not to do everything together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics