Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times

Advertisements

1. If you’re enough lucky to be Irish, you’re lucky enough! –Irish saying

2. Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. –Unknown

3. Here’s to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer – and another one!
– St. Patrick’s Day Toast

4. It is better to spend money like there’s no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there’s no money! –Irish toast

5. An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth. –Irish saying

6. There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were. –Irish saying

7. Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip. –Irish saying

8. An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy. –Irish saying

9. The Irish forgive their great men when they are safely buried. –Irish saying

10. Anyone acquainted with Ireland knows that the morning of St. Patrick’s Day consists of the night of the seventeenth of March flavored strongly with the morning of the eighteenth. –Uknown

11. May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
–Irish blessing

12. Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck. –Unknown

13. A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have. –Unknown

14. The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick – who was an Irishman only by adoption. –Stephen Gwynn

15. St. Patrick… one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish. –Charles M. Madigan

16. May misfortune follow you the rest of your life, but never catch up. –Irish saying

17. May your home always be too small to hold your friends. –Irish toast

18. May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
—Irish prayer

19. May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten. –Irish blessing

20. In Heaven there is no beer that’s why we drink it here! –Irish saying

21. May God bless and keep in good health your enemies’ enemies. –Irish blessing

22. May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past. –Irish saying

23. Here’s to you and yours and to mine and ours. And if mine and ours ever come across to you and yours, I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours as mine and ours have done for you and yours! –Irish toast

24. May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live. –Irish saying

25. Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord-and it makes you miss him. –Irish saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
God created whiskey so we Irish wouldn't rule the world!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Two Irish men were looking at a mail order catalogue and admiring the models.
Paddy says to Mick, "Have you seen the beautiful girls in this catalogue?"
"Yes," Mick replies, "they are very beautiful. And look at the price!"
Paddy says with wide eyes, "Wow! They aren't very expensive! At this price, I'm buying one."
Mike smiles and pats him on the back.
"Good idea! Order one and if she's as beautiful as she is in the catalogue, I'll get one, too."
Three weeks later, Mick asks Paddy, " Did you ever receive the girl you ordered from the catalogue?"
"Not yet," says Paddy, "but it shouldn't be long now. She sent all her clothes yesterday."

Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
An Irishman walks into a bar in a new town. Orders 3 beers. Takes a drink from each pint until all is gone. Orders 3 more.

Barkeep says, "Wouldn't ya rather I bring u one at a time so they are cold?" Man says, "Nah. Me brothers & me always met after work & shared a brew. One is now in London. One is in Sydney. We promised each other we would order 3 beers to remember each other by until we meet again."

Towns' people got used to his practice and were shocked when the man came in & ordered 2 beers. Bar got quiet. No one wanted to ask, but all knew something horrible must have happened. They convince the barkeep to ask.

Barkeep gives the man his 2 beers & says, "Here ya be, with my deepest condolences. Mind if I ask yer what happened?" Man looks confused. Then laughs and says, "Oh no. No tragedy has befallen me. I gave up drinking for lent."

Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,139,492 times

Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,317,834 times
Good ones!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
If I had a ticket to Heaven
But didn't have one for you
I'd sell my ticket to some poor soul
And I'd go to hell with you
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,354 times
19. May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten. –Irish blessing
this one is so interesting !!!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,296 times
GFYS ~ Unknown Bostonian Irishman

Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
SMART IRISHMAN

An Irishman named Murphy went to his doctor after a long illness. The doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked Murphy in the eye and said, "I've some bad news for you... you have cancer and it can't be cured. I'd give you two weeks to a month."

Murphy, shocked and saddened by the news, but of solid character, managed to compose himself and walk from the doctor's office into the waiting room. There he saw his son who had been waiting. Murphy said, "Son, we Irish celebrate when things are good and celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't so well. I have cancer and I've been given a short time to live. Let's head for the pub and have a few pints."

After three or four pints the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of Murphy's old friends who asked what the two were celebrating. Murphy told them that the Irish celebrate the good and the bad... he went on to tell them that they were drinking to his impending end.

He told his friends, "I've only got a few weeks to live as I have been diagnosed with AIDS." The friends gave Murphy their condolences and they had a couple more beers.

After his friends left, Murphy's son leaned over and whispered, "Dad, I thought you said that you were dying from cancer. You just told your friends that you were dying from AIDS!"

Murphy said,"I am dying from cancer, son, I just don't want any of them sleeping with your mother after I'm gone."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics