Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Horror Stories, no not Halloween and monsters etc. but those stories of bad customer service, bad businesses, or bad products that you have had to deal with in your lifetime. These can be small town Mom and Pop stores to large major corporations; nobody is allowed to get away with their less then desirable products or service. This is your opportunity to vent about bad products and service. You can keep it simple with just the name of the store, or you can tell it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Angry Sears Tire & Auto Service Centers

Sears Tire & Auto Service Center. Several years ago I had them rotate and balance the tires on the car and I told them I was going on a trip and wanted things checked out and running good on interstate highways at higher speeds. The store in Phoenix did the original work of balancing them.

Later a few days after the service work was done, I’m on the highway and find that the balancing is bad. I wasn’t able to drive over 60 mph without a terrible shaking of the car from the improper balancing of the tires.

I had to drive all day on them until I got to Santa Fe N.M where after spending several days there I was able to get them rebalanced to return to Phoenix. Again, I told them what the problem was and that I would be going on the highway at higher speeds and needed this work done properly. After they finished the balancing, I started down the interstate and drove a few miles to the next exit and returned to the store in Santa Fe. I told them it was “worse” after they did the work then before they started. They tried again and another machine and I left to the interstate. Again, it seemed to be worse then before. However they then told me that “yes” they are having trouble with their balancing machine and would be having it checked out on Monday of next week. Of course that wasn’t doing me any good. Why the h did they even start balancing if it wasn’t working well to begin with!

I had to leave and drive to Alb. N.M about an hour away and I could only drive at 50 mph so the trip took a little longer then desired. The Alb. Sears Tire store had been called before I left Santa Fe to insure that they could do the work and that their machine was working. They had told me yes, everything was working well and that earlier in the morning their machine was checked and adjusted for balancing.

When I arrived in Albq. N.M. I told the manager who I was and the troubles I was having. He put me down on the list to wait several hours until they could get to servicing my car. This was just not needed, loosing more time waiting for the work that should have been done correctly in not only Phoenix but Santa Fe and that this would be the 4th time for a tire balancing from Sears.

The Albq. N.M. Sears Tire and Auto store did a great job of balancing them and the rest of the trip went well. However I wasn’t happy with the loss of time and the number of trips to get the work done.

I’ve never been back to a Sears Tire and Auto Store again. Sorry but they did me wrong and there was no compensation and poor service.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Thumbs down McDonalds

McDonalds has a lousy chicken sandwich and fries and it wasn’t clean inside the store the last time I was there. The employees didn’t seem to care much about servicing customers and the ice tea wasn’t good.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,163 times
Comcast Cable in Northern Virginia. When I first moved to the neighborhood I live in, it was only about a year old so there weren't a lot of people living there yet. I called Comcast to wire up my house; I need the internet for work. Everything was fine for the first month, after that my cable internet was out all the time. I called Comcast to ask for credit for all of the days I didn't have access...sometimes 12 or 13 days out of the month. They told me they couldn't give me credit because I was never without service for a full 24 hours. Uhm, OK....so the service was restored at 3AM long after I've gone to bed. I can't use it then! I started losing service every other Sunday. Because I used to work in the Operations Center at AOL, I know some back door ways to get technical assistance. I'd call and after they wasted massive amounts of time trying to figure out how I got through to them, they'd tell me things like 'it must be a problem on your end because no one else has complained'. A couple Sundays later, my internet went out again and I called again. The representative offered to send a tech out. I said that's fine, thinking someone would be out that day or the next day. She came back on the line and said someone would be out 8 DAYS LATER. I told her that's not good enough, I want a report taken and a tech dispatched ASAP. The rep asked me how many families live in my neighborhood. I told the her there were only 34 or 35 families. She said 'oh we won't be able to open a trouble ticket for you'. I asked why not. She told me 'unless we get more than 100 reports of the problem, there's nothing we can do about it'. I asked her if I should hang up and call back 99 times. She told me that the reports have to come from different households within the neighborhood. How is that possible in a neighborhood of 35 families?? I asked her to repeat what she just said to me, then tell me it makes sense KNOWING that there are less than 100 households in my neighborhood. I told her that if she said it out loud and it still made sense to her, then I wanted her to cancel my account immediately. She tried to make a bunch of excuses. I told her to cancel my account and remove my information from their marketing database. I called Verizon and they offered me an awesome deal. My DSL modem arrived the next day and it's been working perfectly for the last 2 years. Comcast called about a month after I cancelled, attempting to woo me back. I told the lady that I had nothing against her personally but if anyone from her company ever called me again, I'd report them for 'do not call' violations...and that if they'd offered the service totally free for a year I still wouldn't take it. I never heard from Comcast again after that.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
McDonalds has a lousy chicken sandwich and fries and it wasn’t clean inside the store the last time I was there. The employees didn’t seem to care much about servicing customers and the ice tea wasn’t good.
LOL!!! I haven't eaten there in a while...but the last two times I was there the ice tea was room temperature. All I could think of were all of the bacteria multiplying in it, so I threw it out. The time before that it was like they let it steep for HOURS. It was disgustingly bitter!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 PM

19 posts, read 46,555 times
Rooms to Go.... I will never ever buy anything from them again or even step foot into one of their stores to look at their furniture...Here's my story:

Last month i moved into my first very own apt (while in college i lived in the dorms and then moved in with family after i graduated to save money, so finally a place of my own!). I ordered some furniture to be delivered on the day I moved in. The furniture deliverers damaged my drywall (i live on the second floor of an apt complex, but its a ground level entrance so the hallway and stairs are part of my apt). Its not just a little damage where some paint can cover it up, but bad enough where the metal under the drywall is bent and has to be replaced. After they damaged the apt and the furniture they told me my sofa was too large to get up the stairs and i would have to reorder new, smaller furniture. That was not about to happen. I loved this furniture and some way they were going to have to get it up the stairs.
Anyway i walked down the stairs and examined the damage and asked the deliverers what Rooms to Go does about this sort of thing. And they told me that they were not liable for the damage! I told them that i wanted my sofa in my living room that day. I went into the other room to call the store manager to see about property damage liability and such when the deliverers came upstairs and told my boyfriend that he needed to sign a paper in order for them to come out and replace the sofa in the future since it was damaged (mind you it's MY furniture, everything is under MY name, I pay for it.. they had no right to ask my bf to sign the paper and he had no right to sign the paper)... I was told by the manager that they would send out a claim form for the damage done to my apartment.
A couple days later i received a phone call from customer service stating they were denying my claim since my bf signed a paper releasing them of all liability for property damage.
I've been to the store, spoke (argued) with the store manager, spent many mornings arguing with customer service over the phone... and now i have my lawyer involved. Screw Rooms to Go!
I finally had my sofa replaced and the guys that came out to deliver the new one were wonderful. They took the old sofa, brought in the new one, and had me sign the paper within 15 mins and what was even better is that there was not anymore damage done to my apartment! If those guys had delivered to me the first time i would have no problems with Rooms to Go. It's unfortunate that Rooms to Go hires deliverers that are incompetent and are willing to lie to the customers (because they said they werent responsible prior to the paper being signed, and they knew they were responsible up until that paper was signed!).
I had heard horror stories about Rooms to Go before i purchased furniture from them, i guess i need to start listening to other people's suggestions

I realize that this was a loooong post...thanks to anyone that made it through it.. and thanks for letting me rant...

Old 07-18-2007, 07:22 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Default Orkin killed my cat

My son was an infant and we were having our newly purchased home tented for termites. I had an indoor/outdoor cat who hated to be boarded. When she saw the cat carrier, she ran outside. When Orkin came, two hours late, I told them that the cat was outside and I asked if they could wait until I got her in the carrier. They assured me that they would not leave the doors open and that they were running late and could not wait.

When we returned the next day, we could not find the cat. I saw a roach in the house when we returned. I called Orkin and the sales man assured me that we must have brought it in with the stuff we had removed prior to the tenting. He said, "I'm tellin' ya- anything that was in that house ain't there any more." I asked him if he was sure, because I didn't want roaches in the house. He then said, "I'm tellin' ya, anything that was is there ain't there any more. You know that cat? Well he aint' there any more either."

I thought that he was kidding and kind of laughed. And then he said, "No, really. We found your cat. And he ain't there any more."

It took two more days for them to tell me where the cat was. I made them come and dig up the cat- they had buried her three feet from the lawn chairs on the pool deck. I took pictures of the whole thing- the guys, their truck, them digging her up-she was in a black trash bag- and made them take it to my vet to be cremated.

It was one of the most horrible experiences that I have had- the thought of the cat running into the house with all the activity going on outside and coming in for safety, only to die an excruciating death. And Orkin's cavalier attitude was insult to injury.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
BLOOMINGDALES in Aventura, Florida.

I experienced a racist encounter. For being an English speaking American.

I went seeking a specific brand of clothing, so I asked for service. I walk up, and in English, I say "excuse me, do you sell ed hardy?". The clerks start saying something in Spanish, and then they all point and laugh at me and call me a "gringo" and start laughing some more. That is unacceptable at K-Mart, let alone an upscale store like Bloomingadles.

Only in Miami...

Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
My son was an infant and we were having our newly purchased home tented for termites. I had an indoor/outdoor cat who hated to be boarded. When she saw the cat carrier, she ran outside. When Orkin came, two hours late, I told them that the cat was outside and I asked if they could wait until I got her in the carrier. They assured me that they would not leave the doors open and that they were running late and could not wait.

When we returned the next day, we could not find the cat. I saw a roach in the house when we returned. I called Orkin and the sales man assured me that we must have brought it in with the stuff we had removed prior to the tenting. He said, "I'm tellin' ya- anything that was in that house ain't there any more." I asked him if he was sure, because I didn't want roaches in the house. He then said, "I'm tellin' ya, anything that was is there ain't there any more. You know that cat? Well he aint' there any more either."

I thought that he was kidding and kind of laughed. And then he said, "No, really. We found your cat. And he ain't there any more."

It took two more days for them to tell me where the cat was. I made them come and dig up the cat- they had buried her three feet from the lawn chairs on the pool deck. I took pictures of the whole thing- the guys, their truck, them digging her up-she was in a black trash bag- and made them take it to my vet to be cremated.

It was one of the most horrible experiences that I have had- the thought of the cat running into the house with all the activity going on outside and coming in for safety, only to die an excruciating death. And Orkin's cavalier attitude was insult to injury.
That is a HORRIBLE Story!! Truly horrible! I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat in such a horrible way.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM

Thumbs down HomeDepot

Home Depot ,,,, I think they forgot what service is. Last time I was there and needed help no one as around, and when I needed to pay for the items I did had; I had to do the “self checkout” in order to pay and leave the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics