Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,725,801 times

Advertisements

I wanted to join the Army for the longest time and dreamed of being a fighter pilot. For a short while I wanted to become an art teacher like my aunt. Then I went back to wanting to join the military. As I got older I decided I wanted to join the Air Force. I grew up near an ANG base and absolutely loved the air shows they used to have every year. I still get excited watching the C-130s soaring around over town. A few times when I was in Civil Air patrol we got rides in the C-130s.

As I got closer and closer to graduating high school I decided I'd rather be a writer. My first year of college I was a business major because I decided to open my own business at some point (that idea didn't last long).

I finally decided I'd like to pursue a career in library sciences while writing on the side. Now I'm halfway through college and don't know what I really want to do with my life, but I'm sticking with library sciences because I like it.

Though I still have moments when I think about the "what ifs". "What if I joined the military?" "What if I went into Aviation?" I'm still a young-un, so who knows where I might end up?

Through it all there is one thing I've always wanted to do with my life when I get older--move into the mountains and live as a hermit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 11:15 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,411,397 times
I wanted to be a lot of things. I list them at the Education sub-forum. I was quite passion about choreography and Information Technologies.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:35 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,762,301 times
i wanted to be a fire fighter and a rock star singer.. i was a good rock singer i knew all the lyrics to most of all the good bands rush. deep purple. yes. black sabbath, blue oyster cult, cars,ac dc, arrosmith,def leppard,steve miller, etc

want to hear me sing i woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand whose wine,? what wine? where the hell did i dine,? must have been a dream.

Last edited by cruxan; 11-04-2010 at 11:45 AM..

Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM

889 posts, read 2,718,158 times
I wanted to become a teacher. I've learned since then that, though I'm good with my own kids, I'm not that great with kids in general for long periods of time. I do homeschool my own three children, though! Teaching takes a special breed! Hats off to teachers, especially in this age!! When my kids are a little older, I want to get a job in a nursing home. I don't care what I'm doing there, I just enjoy the elderly!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,306,057 times
1 Nurse
2 Teacher
3 College professor
4 Writer

Did I end up in any of those? No, I worked in hospital social services for several years. I have been a receptionist most of my working life. (I did write and self-publish a grief recovery book. Beginning to work on a novel. Make a living at it? It would be a miracle!)

Old 11-04-2010, 01:58 PM

44,413 posts, read 20,158,973 times
When I was in elementary school and junior high, I wanted to be a biologist.

No, I'm not working that field - I'm a paralegal!

Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 AM

821 posts, read 863,684 times
A policeman when I was young and currently no. I'm working toward the biology field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics