Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they have two control valves for hot & cold, or just one common control?
TWO control valves 12 54.55%
ONE control valve 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:24 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,958,143 times

Advertisements

A simple but frustrating problem ~ faucets! Should they have two control valves for hot & cold, or just one common control? We’re redoing several bathrooms in the house and my wife and I are at odds on this one item.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,563,893 times
Well, I see 100% of voters agree with me~oh wait, I'm the only one-dang, well i'm still right!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Wink Two too many

Two are too difficult to control the temperature. Two is one more that has to be repaired. Two seems to be confusing when one is just a turn left or right.

And how about those that turn clockwise or counterclockwise for on and off? I’ve even found that the hot turns clockwise and the cold turns counterclockwise, but at times people have the wrong valve installed and both turn the same directions. Who makes up these rules for just getting water?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,563,893 times
Well, I was in an Econolodge [not to brag or anything!?!] in Kentucky near Fort Knox, and they had the faucets hooked up wrong on the bathroom sink-which wasn't in the bathroom, but I digress. The hot was on the right, and the cold on the left. Kind of messed me up thinking, hmmm...is that RIGHT??? Travel confuses me.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM

434 posts, read 1,739,804 times
No offense to the "one" voters but I like the two handle ones better. The "one" style looks cheap to me...like in a public bathroom...

Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,285,163 times
I can not stand a single knob. I also insist that the bathtub HAS to have a faucet, not just a shower head. I also feel that one knob looks like it belongs in a hotel bathroom.

My husband & I argue about this every time, but I win every time.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,446,892 times
Have you ever noticed with one handle,how many times you turn it the wrong way while standing under the shower head?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, I was in an Econolodge [not to brag or anything!?!] in Kentucky near Fort Knox, and they had the faucets hooked up wrong on the bathroom sink-which wasn't in the bathroom, but I digress. The hot was on the right, and the cold on the left. Kind of messed me up thinking, hmmm...is that RIGHT??? Travel confuses me.
I have found the same thing in travels, where the hot and cold are reversed and create a problem while in the shower. Why are these installed incorrectly who knows, but it happens too often and in the nice but strange areas of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
No offense to the "one" voters but I like the two handle ones better. The "one" style looks cheap to me...like in a public bathroom...
I agree that the single control is less decorative but it’s so nice to control the flow and temperature with one single turn instead of adjusting the cold knob and then get too hot of water with more flow or pressure then expected. My little body is very sensitive to this change. And just when I turn the cold clockwise to increase it the knob is reversed and has to be turned counter-clockwise, I then adjust the hot water knob and try to control the flow and temperature and find that knob is the opposite and I freeze my little tushie. http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/butt.gif (broken link)

Why isn’t life simple anymore? http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/Thud.gif (broken link)

Last edited by AksarbeN; 07-01-2007 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: update

Old 07-01-2007, 06:31 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,185,872 times
I have a single in my bathroom (and shower- no faucet).
I have a hot & cold in the other bathroom and shower and faucet.
Then I have a nice hot and cold on a pedestal sink in the 1/2 bath.

Sooooo....I have a little of everything!

NOW, if you go to the sink OUTSIDE in the backyard, it's got a nice, deep, porcelain Kohler sink and the double thingys for the faucet and they are both COLD!!!! oI think those two turn in different directions too. (that was the Xs doing and he never fixed it). :-(

Old 07-01-2007, 06:36 PM

434 posts, read 1,739,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I agree that the single control is less decorative but it’s so nice to control the flow and temperature with one single turn instead of adjusting the cold knob and then get too hot of water with more flow or pressure then expected. My little body is very sensitive to this change. And just when I turn the cold clockwise to increase it the knob is reversed and has to be turned counter-clockwise, I then adjust the hot water knob and try to control the flow and temperature and find that knob is the opposite and I freeze my little tushie. http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/butt.gif (broken link)

Why isn’t life simple anymore? http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/Thud.gif (broken link)

Hmmm.... protect the tushie or go for the attractive but impractical look....isn't that an age old question????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics