Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,799,535 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.... a perfect sunny day here 52 degrees this morning with a high of 73... I bet a few of you wished it was cooler where you're at... so anyways

The Northern Hemisphere is considered to be halfway through its summer and the Southern Hemisphere half way through its winter on this day.

Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden?

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams?

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator?

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid?

Today in History:
1944 – IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator (known best as the Harvard Mark I).
1959 – The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation. It replaces the "sheaves of wheat" design and is still in use.
1974 – Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1,368 feet (417 m) in the air.

Word of the Day:
trickster: (noun) Someone who leads you to believe something that is not true.
Synonyms:beguiler, cheater, deceiver, slicker, cheat
Usage:The veteran trickster had made a fortune in his 40 years of fraud.

Today is:

National Mustard Day
Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day
Professional Speakers Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,044,479 times
Hello everyone.... a perfect sunny day here 52 degrees this morning with a high of 73... I bet a few of you wished it was cooler where you're at... so anyways

The Northern Hemisphere is considered to be halfway through its summer and the Southern Hemisphere half way through its winter on this day.

Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden?No garden now but we used to do a lot of it.

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams?Yep , wild grapes and strawberry.

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator?No but it was very expensive in the 60's.

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid?No

Today in History:
1944 – IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator (known best as the Harvard Mark I).
1959 – The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation. It replaces the "sheaves of wheat" design and is still in use.
1974 – Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1,368 feet (417 m) in the air.

Word of the Day:

Today is:

National Mustard Day

Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,182,329 times
Good Morning!
Almost 9AM & I get a 4 line QOD!!!! LOL!!!!!

It's 20 degrees cooler here too, then yesterday!

Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden?
Don't give me any more work to do!! I have tomatoes coming out of my ears & have been freezing them..I really should learn how to can..but I refuse!

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? Made them & frozen 'em!

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? No~Maybe $5 bucks......

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? Yes, I have a few coin books...

Have a great day & I'm making coffee for all!
Boy, I need it today!

Now If I edit my answers like last Saturday..

No, I refuse.
Frozen 'em.
Maybe $5 bucks.
I have some coin books...

LOL~Sounds funny!

Last edited by Gue; 08-07-2010 at 07:03 AM..

16,913 posts, read 16,235,965 times
Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden? No.

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? No.

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? No. Who would? And I've never had a calculator.
Hmmm,....maybe that's why my math is good.

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? No.

Today in History:
What a moron.

Word of the Day:

Today is:

National Mustard Day okay.

So when will the QOTD be posted?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:03 AM

44,752 posts, read 62,104,060 times
Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden? No, but I do sit on the can a lot.

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? No, but sometimes I get into jelled jams.

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? $9.99

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? Yes, still do, I collect them then spend them.

Happy weekend everyone, enjoy....

Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,214,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Hello everyone.... a perfect sunny day here 52 degrees this morning with a high of 73... I bet a few of you wished it was cooler where you're at... so anyways - so glad your enjoying the temps this morning GG, thanks for filing in and giving us our daily dose....

Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden? Sorry all I do is open cans of veggies when hungry and its convenient to do so....

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? same as above

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? not really but something tells me it was about 50 or 60 dollars...it was special for a job I had...

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? yup

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:

National Mustard Day
Hey hope all of you have a very pleasant weekend and enjoy the day

Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,772,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

Today's Question: It's that time of year for some of us. Do you do any canning of veggies from the garden? No

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? Not much of a jelly or jam lover.

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? I don't remember.

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? A few...dad was the one who got into coin collecting.

Today in History:
1944 ? IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator (known best as the Harvard Mark I).
1959 ? The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation. It replaces the "sheaves of wheat" design and is still in use.
1974 ? Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1,368 feet (417 m) in the air.

Word of the Day:

Today is:

National Mustard Day - YUCK!!!
Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day -
Enjoy your day what ever you do.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:11 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,214,715 times
Happy Saturday!

no

Extra Credit Question: How about jellies and jams? no

Bonus Question: Do you remember how much you paid for your first calculator? not much, maybe $10 - $15

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? no

Today is:

National Mustard Day icky! I only like this when mixed in with other stuff - like potato salad, egg salad, deviled eggs, etc.
Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day I like how now instead of all that styrofoam more packaging is now just air filled "pillows".
Not me! Not now! Not ever! Nuh uh! You can't make me!

We are heading out on the bikes to check out the Hwy 141 garage sale -
Iowa Highway 141 Garage Sale
A lot of things disappeared yesterday but today they slash prices.
Have a great day!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,569,380 times
Today's Question of the Day - 7 Aug 2010 Hello everyone.... a perfect sunny day here 52 degrees this morning with a high of 73... I bet a few of you wished it was cooler where you're at... so anyways

Let's see....it's 8:15 am and 89 degrees here on the Gulf of Texas....suppose to be in triple digits again today...but that is Aug is South Texas!

No garden here...

I remember it being something like $90

Just for Fun: Did you collect coins when you were a kid? No...I was too busy doing "stuff" outdoors.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:21 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times
Since I have yet been able to grow anything that was able to go weeks at a time without water, I have nothing to can.

Same goes for this.

I paid $200.00 for a HP calulator back in 1975. Shortly after I bought it, TI started selling one that did about the same for over a $100.00 less.

Just for Fun:
Did you collect coins when you were a kid?
The only coin collecting I did was scrounging coins to buy something. Under the couch cushions was usually a good place to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics