Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,152,468 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon!

Today's Question(s):
In honor of POW-MIA Recognition Day

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? yes

Did any of you wear one ? yes

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? no~just the plug ends..

Bonus Question:

In honor of "Paper Money Day"

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? 4

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? today~LOL~Last minute decision to go to the L I Game Farm after the Coast Guard Open House..didn't bring directions..But we found it...

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? Bottom of the Brooklyn Bridge..

Just for Fun:

Have you ever heard of or played any of the following games
Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? creamed spinach as a side to a good grilled steak..
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? I love mashed turnips too..

Thanks for the QOD KWAK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 03:14 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,611,611 times
Woo Hoo! I spent a wonderful day at the beach and visiting with friends from up north and then came home to find the QOTD ready

And I think I really am going to end up on page 5 as I predicted. LOL
ETA: Nope, it's page four. Close!

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ?

Did any of you wear one ?

I do remember the bracelets. In fact, I thought they still made them? I have not worn one.

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ?

No. That seems weird to me, but I know people do.

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ?

This is really funny, but I swear to y'all, at this moment there is $8,075,000 in my wallet. My daughter gave it to me the other day. It came from our Life game. LOL!!
Unfortunately, there is no REAL paper money in there.

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ?

I do this on a regular basis. I do not have a good internal guidance system. The last time, hmmm.....
Oh, it was when I was driving to a new office on the other side of Tampa and right after I took my exit the GPS system decided to lose the signal! I hadn't written directions down (I usually do) that time of all times and had to drive around aimlessly until I spotted the right street.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ?

Well, not so much strange, but scary. I got lost in the middle of the night the first time I drove to Children's Hospital in Detroit. If anyone is familiar with downtown Detroit, you know you don't want to drive around aimlessly all alone in the middle of the night! This was before cell phones and I didn't dare stop anywhere. I tried to flag down a cop, but he ignored me. There were a few scary experiences that followed- gang members blocking the streets- yikes!
I eventually found the hospital.

Just for Fun:

Probe Huh?
Triominos Yep, used to play it at our family Thanksgiving get togethers growing up.
Black Box Nope
Croquet Have people NOT heard of Croquet?

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Sweet potatoes
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ?
Maybe tasting one of the kid's baby foods. Pureed beef. Yuck!

Last edited by Maggi07; 07-17-2010 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-17-2010, 03:17 PM

542 posts, read 589,041 times
Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? neither

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? 2

Just for Fun:

Probe: nope
Triominos: yes
Black Box: nope
Croquet: yes

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? potato

Old 07-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,188,676 times

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? I remember

Did any of you wear one ? No

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? Well if this just isn't a set up I dunno, I plead the fifth

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? 3 I think

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? Men never get lost ....perhaps just a wee bit side tracked

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? I cannot remember strange for some odd reason

Just for Fun:

Probe No
Triominos No
Black Box No
Croquet yup

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? not sure I have an absolute favorite here.....

Word of the Day:
dulcet\DUHL-sit\ , adjective:
1.Pleasing to the ear; melodious; harmonious.
2.Generally pleasing, soothing, or agreeable.

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Day
Wrong Way Day
POW-MIA Recognition Day
Mashed Food Day
Paper Money Day[/quote]

Have a wonderful weekend peeps......

Last edited by Dbl-r; 07-17-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,931,673 times
Well, I got caught out in the rain so it took me forever to get back home on the bike today. I guess I lost my spot up top to answer questions.

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ?
Yep, I had two or three back then.

Did any of you wear one ?
One at a time. I think I lost one and then I gave one to a friend who didn't have one.
Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ?
They must be female. You have them around the house to help make life easier. But they cost alot, you have to take care of them and keep them looking good, they break down at the worst times, and some you just can't figure out (even if they have a manual)!!!

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ?
Sad to say, but one! It's a five. Started out with a $20 today, but I got my haircut and now i have $5. I'm sure DD will come by and sweet talk me out of that too!

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ?
I don't get lost. I map things out before I leave and have a familiarity of where I am going and some contingencies as well.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ?
I think I might have mentioned this before, but when I was 17 or so, my buddy and I were out in his Toyota Landcruiser tackling some woods and sand pits near our town in NJ. After an hour or so of twisties and turns all around the area, we stumbled across a stretch of asphalt, like a road, out in a big clearing. So we drove around some more checking out the area and finally we decided to take this "road" and see where it goes. Well, it only took a minute or so of commenting how wide the road was, and the funny paint patterns on the road, until we realized what it was. We were on the runway of the local county airport! Well, needless to say we got out of there and went back into the woods ASAP! To this day, we still laugh about that episode when we get together.

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ?
Garlic smashed red potatos!

I've got nothing...

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Day I'll pass.
Wrong Way Day For some reason, here in the Charlotte area, we have alot of incidents of people driving the wrong way on the interstates.
POW-MIA Recognition Day BRING THEM ALL HOME!!!
Paper Money Day Please send samples to Stripes17 c/o CD.com

Thanks for posting QOTD today Karla! Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 03:52 PM

401 posts, read 480,105 times
Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? I remember them.

Did any of you wear one ? I didn't.

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? Nope.

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? 2 - $1 and $5s. I need to get to the ATM.

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? Last weekend.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? I can't think of any.

Just for Fun:

Probe No
Triominos No
Black Box No
Croquet Yes

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Potatoes with gravy
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? Mashed peas. It looked like green glop.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:21 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,331,577 times
Hi!!

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? Obviously, they didn't cross the ocean...

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? Yes, in a way, because in French words have a gender... For instance, computer is "male", but television is "female"

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? No clue...

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? Long ago, I guess, since I can't remember.

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? Dunno

Just for Fun:

Probe
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet
I've never tried any of them, but I've heard about them

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? potatoes
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? I can't remember trying anything weird, I never try weird stuff anyway!

Today is:

National Peach Ice Cream Day
Wrong Way Day
POW-MIA Recognition Day
Mashed Food Day
Paper Money Day Wish I had more...

Have a great evening!

Old 07-17-2010, 04:52 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,616,039 times

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? Yes, If they work and I like them , they are female. Anything that gives me headaches is male.

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? None!

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? Almost daily! I don't watch for my turns. If I'm tired I have been known to follow the car ahead of me for miles out of the way. Last time I went from northwest il. to southwest il. I ended up in Indiana. Over 150 miles out of my way. Had things on my mind. Also went almost to Indiana on the way home. Must be missing a particular turn around Bloomington!!

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? I would say the underground tunnels in Chicago. But then again, I finally got to see Lake Shore Drive. Had never been there before!

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Taters!!!
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? Not sure

Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,931,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Last time you got lost while driving ? The last time I drove, this morning, I took a short cut to Denny's, someone moved the road, I ended up here:
Ya' know Poncho, there's got to be a correlation between eating at Denny's and having that PortaJohn in the picture!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 05:19 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,539,355 times
Hi KwaK!!!
Hi Everybody else!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Ok I just got in no sign of our guest host who must be still enjoying vacation
so

Today's Question(s):

How many of our ? family remember POW bracelets ? When I met my husband, he already had one..Viet Nam era...he still keeps it in his jewelry box.

Did any of you wear one ? I'm not sure if he ever wore it.

Extra Credit Question:

Did you ever think of electronics or appliances as male & female ? Not the actual object, but the thought enters my mind all the time when I try to plug something into the wall....I have to turn the plug around in order to get it to fit....one of the prong thingies is male, one female.....

Bonus Question:

How many different denominations of "paper money" are in your wallet right now ? I think there are just moths in there. I have a few bucks and a $100.00 bill from our most recent yard sale that I am saving for a rainy day....

Extra Bonus Question:

Last time you got lost while driving ? About 2 months ago....went down to Solana Beach to have my sister-in-law cut my hair.....I get lost every time I try to find her shop and it's not hard to find either.... I take the wrong exit off the freeway every time..

Where is the strangest place you have even gotten "misplaced" while driving ? Gee, let me count the times..... There are literally too many from which to choose.... I ended up on an Indian reservation one time in CO.....do NOT ask me how I got there and do not ask me to find it again, but I eventually found my destination...I was on my way to Aspen or Estes Park, (or maybe Golden to tour the Coors factory), I dunno...

Just for Fun:

Probe I thought those were new firemen...
Triominos
Black Box
Croquet many times.....just sold my wooden mallet set in a yard sale about a year ago....

What is your favorite "Mashed" food ? Potatoes, yams...
Weirdest Mashed food you have ever seen or tried ? I can not tell a lie---my mind is blank.

Today in History:
1850 - Harvard Observatory takes 1st photograph of a star, Vega
1861 - Congress authorizes paper money those coins were getting too danged heavy!
1867 - Harvard School of Dental Medicine was established in Boston, MA. It was the first dental school in America. I wonder when novocain was invented...guess I could look it up, but I'm lazy..
1938 - Douglas (Wrong Way) Corrigan leaves New York for - LA, wound up in Ireland maybe he is related to me.
1967 - Monkees perform at Forest Hills, New York, Jimi Hendrix is opening act When I was in college in San Jose, (unknown) Journey opened for Santana....and later on, they became very famous, too!

Word of the Day:
dulcet\DUHL-sit\ , adjective:
1.Pleasing to the ear; melodious; harmonious.
2.Generally pleasing, soothing, or agreeable.

Today is:
National Peach Ice Cream Day sounds refreshing!
Wrong Way Day hehe!
POW-MIA Recognition Day It's so sad that we have a reason for this day...
Mashed Food Day
Paper Money Day
wears out a lot faster than coins though...

Have a good one all! Stay cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics