Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times

Advertisements

I would like to know a little about you...especially some of you who post a lot on QOTD and here in other topics. Yes, I know there is a bio section but a lot of people don't have it completed. Maybe they don't want to. I realize that. Some people only have info accessible to established friends. I understand that. I would just like to know a few thngs without having to look and see what everyone's bio says or doesn't say. Even if some of you would let us know if you're a man or woman, it would be more than we currently know sometimes!

But just an easy to read and easy to access way here, I would like to know a few things about you in this thread! Whatever you don't mind sharing...just the facts, ma'am! Or something like that!

I'll start us out....I'm female, 54 years old. I work as a receptionist for a bank. I'm married. My husband is the IT manager for his architecture firm. (Total geek! LOL!) No kids now. (Our wonderful son was killed in a car wreck at age 16.) Our Christian faith is a big part of our lives and many of our activities center around church. I was born to shop, but forced to work! I found CD forums about 3 years ago when I was looking up info on Tyler, TX where our music pastor was moving.

Last edited by kaykay; 06-11-2010 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,992 times
well KK sorry to hear about your son...

i think my bio answers all Q's except my name, but here goes...
I'm 38 born Jan. 1972...
happily married to a beautiful and wonderful woman, shes all mine...
have 2 beautiful and healthy daughters...11 & 5 year old...
currently live in hell.....
work in retail management for a large supermarket..(1000+locations)....
am a licensed building contractor by trade...that ain't happening anymore...
also have a Class A CDL license..but that ain't happening anymore either..
plan on moving to NE Georgia this summer or early fall, if all works out...
wife and i are both trying to get transfers with our respective companies....
so we will still be currently employed....
enjoy fishing and cold beers and......
I'm sure there's more...
i will add as we go....
i like this thread..........................

Old 06-11-2010, 08:56 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,761 times
419, we are the same age

I've been married for almost 13 years.

I always answer the question "how many kids do you have?" with 6, but I actually have 7. My oldest died four years ago today at 8 1/2.

No, I did not plan to have this many children, but despite caution, I have them, so clearly they are meant to be with me and I love them all very much And yes, we are done for sure.

I work part time from home, for myself. I feel very blessed to be able to be with my kids and make some money as well.

We moved to the Tampa Bay area a bit over six months ago and I have never felt more home anywhere in my life. I can't tell you how much I love it. I've discovered I have multiple family members here that I didn't even know of.

My husband works in downtown St. Pete. He's essentially an administrator. I'm not supposed to say where he works on line, so I guess it's super secret

I love hot weather and the ocean!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magijasakymaro View Post
419, we are the same age ......

I've been married for almost 13 years. me & DW together 17 years...

My oldest died four years ago today at 8 1/2. sorry to hear that...

I love hot weather and the ocean! i'm not a fan of HOT/humid weather...
but do enjoy the beach....

Old 06-11-2010, 09:18 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
419 and magi, so sorry to hear you have had life's greatest laid upon your shoulders. I feel so much sadness for people who have suffered this way.

As for me......I have already revealed a lot about me in various posts and on my bio but here goes...

Now 74.....
Retired from a life-long career as a nurse......
Now living in a rural part of Nebraska......
No longer married; DH died in 1983.......
Two children, both grown and married but only one has children, which is why I live where I do.....
Enjoy the rural life very much; it's quiet and peaceful......
Like to garden in the summer, both flowers and veggies......
Have lived in Texas, California, Wyoming, Nebraska plus a few other states and two foreign countries......one of which was Aruba where I lived for 8 years with my mother, new step-father and sister......this was mid-20th century......graduated from high school there and then returned to US for college.

BECAME A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER YESTERDAY!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

BECAME A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER YESTERDAY!!!
Congratulations.........

Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Cool Thread KK

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it

I will be 55 and I have to admit Love being in my 50's......Don't like the body but whatareyagonnado!! I am from Boston.

I am married a little more that 33 years to the most laid back guy in the world a guy that still leaves me notes under my coffee cup.

I have two children 28 and 30 and two grandchildren 3 and 10.

I have for a little more than 30 years run a day care business out of my home and to this day still love although I have also been changing diapers for that many years as I have infants to 4 years old and the best part is watching their accomplishments when they are small and then after they have long left me and have graduated or even First Communions..........it gives me such pride to know I had a hand in their lives and that is good for the soul.

I am from a huge family as my Mom was one of 10 and I am blessed as I still have both my parents at a tender age of 81 and they are amazing people. There were 5 girls and 1 boy in my family ( I am the middle) my brother unfortunately was killed in a freak accident some years ago so young with two babies who were 1 and 3 and they have now grown up to be incredible people that he would have been proud to see and one is in Special Forces training to become a Green Beret.

Losing my brother was one of the worst things that could have ever happened to me so I do not sweat the small stuff so much.

I met my husband when we were 16 and we quickly became friends I moved away and he found me again and we married 7 years later. To this day we are still the best of friends and still love to be with each other...we fit each other like a glove.

Life is good.........It's a roller coaster ride but it is good.........I choose to enjoy the ride.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Cool Thread KK

Losing my brother was one of the worst things that could have ever happened to me so I do not sweat the small stuff so much. sorry...

To this day we are still the best of friends and still love to be with each other...we fit each other like a glove. i understand..

Life is good.........It's a roller coaster ride but it is good.........I choose to enjoy the ride.
i like the roller coaster ride also.........

Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
i like the roller coaster ride also.........
I think I've had enough drama in my life! I'll settle for a nice smooth train ride from here on out!

Thanks for all the participating posts! Keep 'em coming!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM

theres mostly smoothe train rides...
but...
you've gotta have a roller coaster every once in a while....
it's what keeps thing going..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics