Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 05:06 PM

890 posts, read 3,699,702 times

Advertisements

I remember when these came out and still see them around every now and again. It was one of those cars that promised to be several things but wound up fulfilling none of the requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 03:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Why does the OP consider it a lemon when it was well known to be very reliable. I knew a guy who had one and never had a problem with it.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 42,117 times
Default Size isn't everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I remember that little crapbox. A friend tried one out once and pulled it up to a jobsite I was on. Parked next to the Ford F-350 crew cab dually I had, and when I pointed out the fact that the entire car fit inside the wheelbase of the truck and asked how would he like to get in a wreck with it, he just nodded. Took it out for a spin and what a poor riding POS that thing was. Bet it got decent mileage though. butt-ugly and poor riding, coupled with being slow, no room, and utterly lacking power; it's a wonder they lasted a couple of years in production.
Maybe you are right about getting into a wreck with an F-350 but how would an F-350 fair against an articulated lorry, we cant all afford to drive oversized gas guzzlers, and how practical is yours to park in a small supermarket carpark? with rising gas prices small gonna be the new big, lol!... and even though the X-90 is not that cheap to run with all the extra propshft and transfer case, it proves its worth in snow, against 2WD saloons...
and trunk space is similar to some 4door cars trunks, the spare tyre takes up room, yes,...but put it behind passenger seat if it bothers that much, the glass panels can go behind drivers seat if you really need an empty trunk!!! (as long as secured properly, incase of roll)
MG Midgets and Smart cars have less space but owners dont moan...they make do.. my motto is, the more space you have, the more junk you carry... :-)

Old 12-02-2015, 01:39 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
I've seen an X-90, it was a Red Bull promotional vehicle. I also remember reading about it in used car books around 2003-2004 (I was 10-11 at the time). Back then the X-90 had only been out of production for a few years.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:40 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,551,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
A year later the Isuzu Vehicross debuted. A far better 4x4 "cute ute".
I love the Vehicross. I thought the design was incredible when it was released, and it still looks good all these years later. Really hard to find though. Can't say I've seen one on the road in the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands