Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 AM

596 posts, read 1,707,095 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a move to the area to be closer to my elderly Mom. I'm not a fan of much of Orlando but really like the area around Disney as it tends to be more kept up with nice landscaping, etc. The area all seems to have nicer services in terms of restaurants/shops. I'm not familiar with the area around 192 and US 27 as it has changed considerably since I lived in the area many years ago. Since I'll be spending a good amount of time visiting a friend in the northern Tampa Bay area also, I like the proximity of this location. Thanks in advance for any insight into this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
It's tourist related and for some who don't mind that's not bad, what criteria are you looking for in a home and area besides curb appeal and restaurants so if there is another area to compare this against, we can.

If you drive a little further up the 27 toward Clermont you have a good selection of restaurants and communities.

Hope this helps,

Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 AM

I do like the tourist oriented areas, a lot less riff-raff and it's quieter. It's also less crowded and less developed in these areas to the south/west of Disney. I have driven around the area in the past so I have a pretty good idea of the landscape, less of individual communities. I see a lot of listings in places like Caribe Cove off of 192 just east of 27 ( in my price bracket which is less than 50K for a 2bdrm condo). There are also some short-term/vacation oriented communities with long term units available, in the nearby Four Corners area which seem nice as well...??

Last edited by niceguy19125; 03-12-2010 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 AM

Also, how about the Posner Park area?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
I'm not too sure of the exact location but I do know its on 192 west. A very nice seclusive self-contained (own school system) community "Harmony" that might interest someone in this geographical direction.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
I do like the tourist oriented areas, a lot less riff-raff and it's quieter. It's also less crowded and less developed in these areas to the south/west of Disney. I have driven around the area in the past so I have a pretty good idea of the landscape, less of individual communities. I see a lot of listings in places like Caribe Cove off of 192 just east of 27 ( in my price bracket which is less than 50K for a 2bdrm condo). There are also some short-term/vacation oriented communities with long term units available, in the nearby Four Corners area which seem nice as well...??
The short term neighborhoods in Davenport and Kissimmee have been plagued with burglaries, because no one knows who should and shouldn't be there, no one knows their neighbors, and it's easy for criminals to slip in and out because no one knows if they are just another short tern renter or not.

In my opinion, Four Corners is not a desirable area to live in. Traffic is congested and there are a lot of accidents caused by tourists who haven't a clue where they are going or how to drive whatever rental they are in.

Additionally that entire area is plagued by foreclosures, and many of the HOA's are financially unstable. Dues are going up to cover shortages caused by deadbeat owners, and services are going down.

Also be aware that some of those short term communities don't even have mail delivery, you would have to pay for a mailbox at the PO or UPS Store.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
T
In my opinion, Four Corners is not a desirable area to live in. Traffic is congested and there are a lot of accidents caused by tourists who haven't a clue where they are going or how to drive whatever rental they are in.
As opposed to the rest of Central Florida? Umm, ok...

Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
As opposed to the rest of Central Florida? Umm, ok...
There is a far higher concentration of tourists in the four corners area than the rest of central Florida as a whole (other than maybe I-Drive.)

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
What is the four corners area?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
What is the four corners area?
The area where 192 and 27 intersect. It's also the intersection of Lake, Osceola, and Polk Counties, and the southwesternmost point of Orange County is only a mile or so from there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando