Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 AM

68 posts, read 213,898 times

Advertisements

I currently live in NJ but relocating to Orlando are by July because of my job. I am looking to live in Seminole county, probably Oviedo. I would consider Lake Mary/Heathrow if I could find something I like not zoned for Seminole High School. I was down for a weekend in January looking at the area and I realize I am going to have to make some concessions regarding what I want. Is it possible to find a home in Oviedo built within the last ten years with at least 3000 square feet of living area and a yard that is at least 12,000 square feet without a lake or pond in the yard? The homes are all so close together unless I want something built in the 90's. I like the ammenities at the Sanctuary, but even there there is not much yard space. Can anyone suggest any developments that I can check out? Looking for a two story, 4 br, three car garage with a bonus room, preferably sewer not septic with the master br downstairs, that is not on a corner or next to a major highway. Am I dreaming or does something like this exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 11:01 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,366,842 times
The "built within the last ten years" and "yard space" are gonna be tough to find in combination.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,154,264 times
Definitely exist, don't remember what your price range is though?

Did a general search for you in the Oviedo area without getting to specific with criteria or reviewing the results.... http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailVi...61&s=MFR&t=MFR

Old 02-20-2010, 12:09 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,970,428 times
12,000 sq ft? I find it highly unlikely you'll find that in the Sanctuary. There are some big ones in there, but 12,000 sq ft, probably not. And like you said, the yards are TINY, and I mean TINY.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,810,603 times
He means 12,000 sf lot size which equals around .275 acre. (I had already bookmarked a conversion site on the web because all the listings I've been looking at lately list the lot size in SF) Some lots are so tiny in Seminole County and also out in the new developments of Lake County. People need room for kids and dogs to play instead of sitting inside playing video games.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM

42 posts, read 119,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesupra View Post
I currently live in NJ but relocating to Orlando are by July because of my job. I am looking to live in Seminole county, probably Oviedo. I would consider Lake Mary/Heathrow if I could find something I like not zoned for Seminole High School. I was down for a weekend in January looking at the area and I realize I am going to have to make some concessions regarding what I want. Is it possible to find a home in Oviedo built within the last ten years with at least 3000 square feet of living area and a yard that is at least 12,000 square feet without a lake or pond in the yard? The homes are all so close together unless I want something built in the 90's. I like the ammenities at the Sanctuary, but even there there is not much yard space. Can anyone suggest any developments that I can check out? Looking for a two story, 4 br, three car garage with a bonus room, preferably sewer not septic with the master br downstairs, that is not on a corner or next to a major highway. Am I dreaming or does something like this exist?
Summerfield,descent size yards with 4 br and bonus, 3 baths. Suntec is the builder and builds custom homes, very nice. DR Horton is also there building homes in mid 2's, Suntec 275. Its off of snowhill rd. High schools are Haggerty and Oviedo both great schools. Can easily fit pool , screen enclosure and large area off the screen enclosure.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,720,318 times
try the trails, live oak also has nice sized lots. Subdivisions in northern Oviedo. I forgot the name but the subdivision off 434 just north of downtown Oviedo near the 417 but still very secluded and private. There are nice homes with larger lots in there and in other subdivisions in that area of Oviedo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando