Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,589 times

Advertisements

Typical Noodles comment. Moving right along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
Seriously? Festival Bay is deserted, but the rest of the city? What about the groups walking along and dining at sidewalk cafes on Park Avenue or the crowds downtown Thursday through Sunday after 9PM. Downtown Disney, Edgewater in College Park, Cranes Roost, Citiwalk, the south end of I Drive, etc. There is constantly traffic and long red lights at huge intersections. There are very few parts of town that I would consider abandoned or deserted, except some heavily hit areas with foreclosures and vacant new development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
the city is not abandoned, nice try though.
The troll is back I see...I ain't feeding it.

I've only been to Festival Bay a couple times and it was pretty much empty then. I didn't know that Monkey Joe;s was there...good to know for when my granddaughters come to visit. They are big fans.

It's shame too, it's a great location attached to Bass Pro shops. I'd be curious to know what the rents are. Maybe that's the problem.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,589 times
I read that Putting Edge, an indoor glow-in-the-dark mini-golf center at Festival Bay is the best mini-golf place in town.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Typical Noodles comment. Moving right along...
This one had more than 3 words, so let's give Some credit!

The Festival Bay theater was there before the Mall connected to it. I think Bass was there and a couple of other things. The mall just never caught on....it really has always been about 1/4th full. I am surprised it has been open this long.

The original idea for Festival Bay was to have a large body of water surrounded by a boardwalk. There would have been Carnival rides, restaurants and shopping.

That might have worked a lot better?

I've seen some crazy stuff go down at the theater though....

Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,401 times
The Ignore List is a valuable weapon against trolls.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 AM

258 posts, read 812,123 times
Yeah it's too bad about the Festival Bay mall being deserted. I wonder how some of those stores survive. Even the stores that do exist, I never see many customers shopping there. It's a shame because it's a really NICE mall! I love the movie theater there, it's new, clean, and cheap. Outdoor World is great too. And Cricketer's Arm is a great british pub, and I'm always amused going there and watching the UK people screaming at the soccer games on TV.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 AM

258 posts, read 812,123 times
Yes thank God for ignore, haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando