Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 10:02 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,944,191 times

Advertisements

All one has to do is go to the police or fire station if you dont want your baby. People like this should be put in the chair. In my younger days, when I was a liberal, I believed in abortion. But now, that I'm older, and have a child of my own, I have completely changed my mind. Once a baby establishes a heartbeat, thats a person in there. How can you not agree with that? Anyhow, sad story below and it breaks my heart how a mother can have a baby and then drown it in the toilet, wrap it up, and then just go to sleep.

"Sanchia Rae Xavier-Velez is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in the Nov. 3 death of her daughter, Jazmyne Rayne Gowers-Velez, who was born at home, according to Orlando Police.

Police suspect Xavier-Velez drowned her daughter at her apartment near the Orlando Executive Airport.

An autopsy determined that the baby girl was born alive. A doctor found evidence that the girl had been breathing before she died. Her lungs were expanded and she had an air bubble in her stomach "which indicated she was gasping for air," reports show. She also had water in her lungs."

Orlando child abuse: Orlando woman accused of child abuse and murdering infant daughter -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 12-11-2009 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,351,780 times
There's hopefully their own little corner of hell for people like this...

Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM

I cant even imagine how a parent could do something like this.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,715,507 times
Personally, I don't feel that any person who kills another human, is ever in their right frame of mind. Call it post partum depression, (and depression is a very serious illness, causing suicide, murder, etc), insanity, mental illness, or whatever.

That being said, I also feel, if you have killed once, you are highly likely to do so again, and should not be free to walk among society.

I don't know what the Higher Power has planned for these types of people...I certainly feel so sorry for their victims and both the family of the victim and the family of the perpetrators. They destroy so many lives with their disease. I wish there was a way to see this type of behavior and be able to predict / medicate / help these people before these horrible outcomes.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
Personally, I don't feel that any person who kills another human, is ever in their right frame of mind. Call it post partum depression, (and depression is a very serious illness, causing suicide, murder, etc), insanity, mental illness, or whatever.

That being said, I also feel, if you have killed once, you are highly likely to do so again, and should not be free to walk among society.

I don't know what the Higher Power has planned for these types of people...I certainly feel so sorry for their victims and both the family of the victim and the family of the perpetrators. They destroy so many lives with their disease. I wish there was a way to see this type of behavior and be able to predict / medicate / help these people before these horrible outcomes.

I dont know if it could be post pardum depression though as she killed the baby right after she gave birth in the toilet. The baby (as reports and the article said) had evidence that the baby was indeed alive and trying to get air - but the "mom" didnt allow it to get the air. She then (according to reports) wrapped the baby in some sort of blanket, and went on to bed.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,253,111 times
It is hard to read a story like this and even begin to comprehend what was really going on in the person's mind. Chances are she is mentally ill and needs serious help. Good thing she at least went to the hospital so the authorities could get involved and remove the 7 year old. A lack of funds can cause depression.....but since she took back the few baby purchases she did make.....I would be more prone to suspect she is mentally unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: