Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM

5 posts, read 34,528 times

Advertisements

how about kissimmee? iv'e been looking at houses in kissimmee so i was wondering how it was. is there any bad neighborhood around there? like gangs etc etc. well i hope you can answer the same question as the one i asked earlier. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,503 times
Default Moving to Clermont as well

My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to clermont next year. We're moving south on 27 of where clermont actually is to an apartmetn complex called Nelson Park, we were wondering if anyone had any information on this area....and if they did if they could share that information as well as their thoughts on the area.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 PM

16 posts, read 82,562 times
Exclamation moving to clermont as well

Hey. I'm thinking about moving to Clermont as well. I've been looking at the Citrus Towers i think they are called. I had a few questions as well. Does anyone know how those apartments are? And how close is this area to Disney World? Also, is this a known racist area? I'm wondering that becuase i'm white and my fiance is black. He's not a gang banger or anything but he is veryyy black and i don't want to move to an area where we'd get a hard time. I know mixed couples will always get hardtimes, but some areas are worse than others. I'd love it if some people could anwser some of my questions.

Thanks!!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 AM

28 posts, read 300,811 times
vin0921 - That area is mostly short term rentals for Disney. The area is starting to build up and the just finished widing Hwy 27 to 6 lanes with sidewalks yesterday. If you want to get away from the short term rentals you have to go north about 3 miles.

snowflake81400 - It would be cool to live in the tower I can't help with the apartments. The Clermont mailing address is very large, probably runs 15 miles north and south and 10 miles wide, so depending on where you are in that grid will vary the distance to Disney. Since Disney opened their back gates a couple of years ago, it is easier to get there now from the north side. Use google maps to plot it, but you are at least 10 miles away. Verryyy Black I don't see Clermont as any different that any small town, it has grown fast and as long as you stay away from the retirement communities and older sections, you should be fine. I myself don't care how "Black" a person is, but if that means he will be a bad neighbor, then I might have problems with him too.

To all our potentional newcomers, Clermont like most of the US went through a huge downturn in real estate the last year or so. At the time it was in a building boom, and therefore there are still allot of houses that were bought by investors hoping to flip them. In many of the newer communities that were being built at the time, they still have a large number of unsold or unlived in homes either For Sale or Rent. In my community they range from 1600sqft 3br/2ba/2car garage up to about 3200sqft 5/4/3. It is a great time to buy or rent a home instead of an apartment. Many come with free yard care.

Good Luck on the move.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 AM

169 posts, read 655,793 times
Don't move there. It is a bunch of rednecks, they don't even have a movie theater. The homes are all cookie cutter homes. No planning, zero culture. Three Walmarts with in a 15 mile area. Shoot yourself before considering Clermont. 95+ 250 days a year.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 AM

16 posts, read 82,562 times
Ok well thanks 4 warning me it's a redneck area... where abouts is a pretty good area that isn't a redneck area.. but isn't the hood lol. And driving distance for working at Disney. We don't wanna live in a redneck racist area... but we don't wanna live in a crime area. It's so much easier up here in PA.. the racism is not bad at all.. but the south.. it's a shame it isn't changing yet. So any ideas about good towns or whatever to live in? I don't know any town names so if anyone can give me some non racist.. non crime areas near Disney.. please let me know!!

thanks

Old 10-12-2007, 03:12 PM

169 posts, read 655,793 times
I don't think Orlando is a racist city at all, that has never been the problem. The problem is that people of "all races" but particularly black and puerto ricans in large numbers commit crimes per capita way more than any other groups and they are the two most prominant groups in Orlando. There is no decent English speaking area south of Orlando where you can commute to Disney. Dr. Phillips isn't bad but is on the fringe of some bad areas and is getting worse.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:37 PM

28 posts, read 300,811 times
I wouldn't consider Clermont "redneck" at all, it is just a bedroom community of Orlando. Yeah, there are areas that are really old, towards Groveland, maybe, but you find that anywhere, really. We do have a movie theater coming, I saw the sign today I live about 10 miles south of hwy 50 and it is all new. You don't want to be any further south or you get into the short term rentals.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:29 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
I agree that Clermont has alot going for it and is a really nice town with not too much crimes......the only downfall i see about it when i visit my girlfriend out there every week is that we end up having to go to Orlando to do fun stuff....like go to movies or to clubs ect...but like people here have said ..i think they are going to put in a mall and movie theater soon and if population keeps growing they might have some better entertainment choices out there ...well see....but it is a nice town with beautifull hills ....it feels like you could be in a California town sometimes with a Florida influence just by the "looks" of the hills out there..im not refering to the atmosphere

Old 10-27-2007, 07:48 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Default Clearmont is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake81400 View Post
Ok well thanks 4 warning me it's a redneck area... where abouts is a pretty good area that isn't a redneck area.. but isn't the hood lol. And driving distance for working at Disney. We don't wanna live in a redneck racist area... but we don't wanna live in a crime area. It's so much easier up here in PA.. the racism is not bad at all.. but the south.. it's a shame it isn't changing yet. So any ideas about good towns or whatever to live in? I don't know any town names so if anyone can give me some non racist.. non crime areas near Disney.. please let me know!!

thanks
Snowflake, please keep in mind that some people's minds are stuck in the
60's. Clermont like many towns in Central Fl is growing rapidly. It wasn't all that long ago that it was a charming little town where people went to Ocala or Orlando to get to the City.
Like stated above it has grown 500% in the past 5-6 years. People of all shapes, sizes and colors live there. As for the racism, that's hogwash. Three people I work with live out there and along with their spouses 4 out of the 6 of them are very black(to use your words) They are very happy there and wouldn't move. A lot of law enforcement officers I know make their home there but work in Orlando or Orange Co.
Decent shopping is rapidly appearing so no worries there.
Hopefully you will rely on 27 to get to and from work because one of the problems I see is that the roads didn't keep up with the growth. They are working on it tho.
You'll be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando