Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM

20 posts, read 79,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pily View Post
Wow! That is a beautiful scene.
I started looking into the Park Square Homes and in sweetleaf st. I am waiting for a floor plan they sending me. However, I looked online and I wasn't to impress with the Park square Homes. I will have to take another trip soon and see. Things online sometimes look different that looking at them personally. I am glad that most people who lives in the Lake Nona area are happy. I am sure I'll be happy too;-). I am taking my time to find the right house for my family and me. I am sure is there somewhere.
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture.
Sokelly: Do you have kids? I have 2 cuties.;-)
We live on Sweetleaf Street. IMO, our section of Sweetleaf Street has the most gorgeous conservation areas in the neighborhood. We back up to a pond (big enough to canoe on) and the woods behind us will always be there. It's a planned green area in the neighborhood.

We have 9 1/2mo old daughter. There are a lot of kids in the neighborhood and it's a very kid friendly neighborhood. With all the little parks in here, you're always bound to see a couple playing ball or tag on the grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM

27 posts, read 109,805 times
One of my good friends lives in sweetleaf too;-) I looked at the MLS list and found 12 houses for sale on sweetleaf. There are two I like, one is in the side of the conservation and the other is not. I am just waiting a little bit cause I am doing some research as to why so many for sale in the same street. Have you heard anything?
Thanks for your reply
PD I have a 6 year old and a 21 months old boys.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
One of my good friends lives in sweetleaf too;-) I looked at the MLS list and found 12 houses for sale on sweetleaf. There are two I like, one is in the side of the conservation and the other is not. I am just waiting a little bit cause I am doing some research as to why so many for sale in the same street. Have you heard anything?
Thanks for your reply
PD I have a 6 year old and a 21 months old boys.
One of the houses, 9943 Sweetleaf is on the market because the owners are relocating for a job. Of the others, I think several have relocated for jobs (one was military I think) and a couple were investors, I'm sure. Out of the one's listed currently, only one backs up to what I consider a nice conservation area, 9968 Sweetleaf. Also, I'd highly suggest a home on the outside of Sweetleaf street. The homes on the inside are on alleys and most of the driveways behind the houses are too short to park a car on without putting it sideways. We can park 4 cars in our driveway without them being in the street.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:27 PM

Hi: I saw 9968 and 9943 when I was there. 9968 is nice but has all the bedrooms downstairs and I don't like that type of look. 9943, the lot was too small. I liked 9690, they have a very nicely maintained, beautiful house however, they were asking for 804,000, they recently went down to 744,000 which is still too high I think. I also like 9837 but someone told me that it gets very crowded over the soccer season. Lots of people park in that area. What do you think? This is getting harder but I don't loose hope. I know my house is out there somewhere. Have you heard anything about the Park Squares Homes in the back?
Thanks so much for all your guidance.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Hi: I saw 9968 and 9943 when I was there. 9968 is nice but has all the bedrooms downstairs and I don't like that type of look.
I can understand...all personal preference. Shame though, as our house may be for sale in the near future. We're 3 doors down from 9968 and back up to the pond, but ours has all the bedrooms downstairs too and a bonus room/full bath upstairs.

Quote:
9943, the lot was too small.
I tend to agree with that. The houses that back up to alleys tend to have small yards.

Quote:
I liked 9690, they have a very nicely maintained, beautiful house however, they were asking for 804,000, they recently went down to 744,000 which is still too high I think.
Quite a bit overpriced if you ask me. Granted, it's a custom home, it's still not worth anything near what they're asking for it.

Quote:
I also like 9837 but someone told me that it gets very crowded over the soccer season. Lots of people park in that area. What do you think?
Yes, it does get extremely crowded with parking there on Saturdays during youth soccer season.

Quote:
This is getting harder but I don't loose hope. I know my house is out there somewhere. Have you heard anything about the Park Squares Homes in the back?
Thanks so much for all your guidance.
I haven't paid much attention to the Park Square homes going in. I imagine they're not selling super well right now.

Also, glad to be of some help. If there's anything else you want to know, just let me know.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. So you too are also moving out.? You don't mind if I ask you why?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. So you too are also moving out.? You don't mind if I ask you why?
Well, we're not for sure yet if it's going to happen, but we're being flown up to the panhandle this next week for job interviews. If we get offers, we'll probably make the move. It's primarily for a better job for myself, and to be closer to the majority of my family who live in Pensacola.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Hope you find what you are looking for. I do hope you don't have to move out of Lake Nona. But, what ever is best for you and your family. I am still looking and waiting. So far, I don't see any houses selling, the market is really slow. I see the same houses listed for months. I put a new offer , let's see what happens.
Good luck with the interviews

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Hope you find what you are looking for. I do hope you don't have to move out of Lake Nona. But, what ever is best for you and your family. I am still looking and waiting. So far, I don't see any houses selling, the market is really slow. I see the same houses listed for months. I put a new offer , let's see what happens.
Good luck with the interviews
Which one did you make an offer on?

Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 AM

3 posts, read 10,625 times
Default Lk Nona

Hello,

This is copied from a reply I posted to another family moving here from Germany......

Do yourself a favor and stay out of Orlando, it's okay to work there just don't live there. Orange County schools are ranked at the bottom of the list, Lake County (Clermont) schools are somewhat better but you will pay alot in property taxes.
My suggestion is Lake Mary in Seminole County, it is only around 12 miles from downtown Orlando. Lake Mary is ranked 4th in the nation and 1st in the southeast as far as "best" places to live. Seminole County schools are by far the best in the state.
Here is the entire problem with Orlando........ when you displace several hundred thousand poverty stricken people in New Orleans, where do they go? I'll tell you.... Orlando and Houston. Now you can see why Orlando and Houston's crime rate has risen so dramatically. There is no doubt that Orlando will turn around and once again be the "City Beautiful", just not in the near future.

Hope this helps....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando