Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
you shouldn't have two different license plates on one car.
I'm with you Seain Dublin.

What these folks are doing is illegal.

From the NY DMV website:

What do I need to do with my plates if I move out of New York?
If you want to register your vehicle in another state, you must surrender your vehicle registration and plates to the New York DMV.

From NJ MVC website:
Surrendering plates not in use
If you have New Jersey plates that are not in use you must surrender them to MVC for cancellation.

If they don't want to turn in their plates and are feeling nostalgic, they should frame it and hang in their living room. I'm sure there's got to be similar looking plates without numbers the nostalgic folks can put on the front of their cars.

I think all states should be doing the same thing, go with two plates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:56 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,073,523 times
Should be two plates.

Those who have two different plates on their car should be ticketed and booted. That's a severe saftey and security violation like holding two drivers licenses and should be treated significantly.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Its big with the NY/NJ crowd, for whatever reason.

I dont / haven't seen others states doing it.

Its probably an "I'm awesome because I'm from X, and I want everyone to know."

Old 07-28-2014, 06:38 AM

771 posts, read 1,458,976 times
I know most people disagree with this, but I feel it should be required for cars to have both front and rear license plates. Cars should be very visible and easily identifiable from both the front and back.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
I know most people disagree with this, but I feel it should be required for cars to have both front and rear license plates. Cars should be very visible and easily identifiable from both the front and back.
The State of Fl, as does other states, issues only one license plate which is to be displayed on the rear of the vehicle.

How on earth does a front license plate make a vehicle "very visible and easily identifiable" In most incidences where you would want to get the license plate information the vehicle is leaving the scene, not arriving at it.

The easiest way to avoid identification would be to remove or switch both license plates or only one of them in the case where only one is required.

However for no particular reason except that a license plate is may be the property of the issuing state, I do not think anyone should display an actual state license plate on the front of their car. Put something nice there or a novelty plate showing your home state or whatever state you want to display.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

How on earth does a front license plate make a vehicle "very visible and easily identifiable" In most incidences where you would want to get the license plate information the vehicle is leaving the scene, not arriving at it.

The easiest way to avoid identification would be to remove or switch both license plates or only one of them in the case where only one is required.

However for no particular reason except that a license plate is may be the property of the issuing state, I do not think anyone should display an actual state license plate on the front of their car. Put something nice there or a novelty plate showing your home state or whatever state you want to display.
Through cameras.
Cameras have changed the entire license plate game.

We now live in a paranoid panopticon society... and while I may not love it- car's should be matched to follow suit.

All cars should have front and rear license plates. Which indicators that they should be on F or B.
Such as tag ABC123 would read ABC123F on one side, and ABC123B on the other.
Plates should be installed by the DMV- and missing plates reported immediately.

Would take less than a day for any flagged car to be spotted through the thousands of cameras and toll roads we operate.

Old 01-19-2020, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,140 times
OMG! I can't even believe I'm going to add to this stupid argument! So, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to display an out of state plate on the front in Fl as long as it is expired and not registered any longer. You are obviously a "right" fighter, and no matter what anyone tells you, you have your opinion and your sticking to it. Moral of the story: WHO CARES!

Old 01-19-2020, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,140 times
now I really can't believe I responded two asteroid that was posted in 2014! What a doofus I am! Good day to all.9

Old 01-20-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmythehee View Post
OMG! I can't even believe I'm going to add to this stupid argument! So, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to display an out of state plate on the front in Fl as long as it is expired and not registered any longer. You are obviously a "right" fighter, and no matter what anyone tells you, you have your opinion and your sticking to it. Moral of the story: WHO CARES!
Yes it is illegal- if the front plate is expired, regardless of what state it came from under Section 320.07(3)(c) of Florida Statutes.

In accordance with state regulation also, "A single registration tag shall be located on the rear of the vehicle so as to be illuminated by the license-plate light,".

So no other registration tags/plates shall be mounted anywhere on the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: