Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 AM

31 posts, read 105,004 times

Advertisements

I hear how great the schools are in celebration but do they have any affordable housing for the average person. I mean 300.000 or under
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,834,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlee View Post
I hear how great the schools are in celebration but do they have any affordable housing for the average person. I mean 300.000 or under
LOL.... no way!! The CONDOS in Celebration sell for at least $420,000.

Houses the same size as my old house in orlando sell for way over
$1 million Dollars.

Celebration truly is awesome. Oh, the schools are NOT as good as they used to be, as Osceola county filed a lawsuit against the Celebration schools 'to let some of Osceola's worst kids go to a good school' and the school now has drugs, kids threatening teachers, etc. Before that happened, the school was totally awesome (my 2 cousins went there for middle and high school).

Celebration might look like 'The Truman Show' but it is freakin's expensive! You get what you pay for!

Old 03-29-2007, 11:12 AM

157 posts, read 855,014 times
celebration is affordable only if you have more money than brains,
under $300K gets you a small townhouse/condo,

and their schools aren't that great, though they're ok

I don't have kids in school anymore (thank heaven) but I've looked at celebration and it's pricey,

maybe someone can give you better school advice

Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,834,202 times
You'd be LUCKY if you can even get a 1/1 condo in Celebration for $300k! LUCKY!

The schools were a model for the nation, now they are not bad, but they have gone way downhill from the utopia-quality schools Celebration HAD.

Man, you can put your kids in private school and live in a decent area (cheaper then Celebration) and still have the best of both worlds.

I say living in Celebration is way overrated.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:59 PM

442 posts, read 2,914,185 times
LOl i say NO WAY A 1/1 Condo for $300k...
and pretty much everyone is saying the same thing. the schools are well over rated..Lots of Trouble int the schools there they figure mommy and daddy are rich so they can get me out of the trouble

Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,766,593 times
Looking at this place it's disgusting. I want a place like I grew up in, with a modern 50's style schools, rural and small homes, no condos, no HOA's and lots of fruit trees in the neighborhood. Everything from tractors, to cars on blocks to fancy homes. All real people no fake sense of community. Celebration needs some category 5 remodeling.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,195,710 times
You live no where near there Tallrick - what do you care? Some people like this kind of place. There are pleanty of places like you describe through out Florida.

It ain't the 1950's anymore. It never will be. Florida will never look the way it did in the 30's, 40,s or 50's. I'm sure there was once some crusty old folks that wished there was never air conditioning and that we were all still riding horses, swatting horse flys and smelling horse **** everywhere we go. Funny what people long for, isn't it.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 PM

108 posts, read 693,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I want a place, Everything from tractors, to cars on blocks. All real people no fake sense of community. Celebration needs some category 5 remodeling.
If anyone ever wonders why HOA’S (Home Owners Associations) are needed, above is your answer.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,766,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
You live no where near there Tallrick - what do you care? Some people like this kind of place. There are pleanty of places like you describe through out Florida.

And what places are those? If they exist they will be changed by more development. What do people have against real people? Do they want to live in some "stepford wives" neighborhood instead? Mindless robots under the full control of the HOA. It sems like these planned developments will eventually destroy the fun character of Florida, till nature finally reclaims the state.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,040,524 times
I think it is possible to achieve a balance between Stepford Wives sterility and cars on cement blocks.
Tallrick, if you want tractors, pitbulls on chains, rusted out cars and the like, there is plenty of that up here in the north. Oh, and fruit trees, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando