Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM

48 posts, read 187,699 times

Advertisements

I personally love CHICAGO. I don't know why you wish to move (except for the long months of cold) but none of these places you are considering will offer you more of a quality of life than where you are.

Chicago sucks....Hi crime, too expensive to live, long cold winters...I can go on all day but don't have time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 PM

48 posts, read 187,699 times
Has orlando ever been hit by hurricane ever???

Last edited by farhadB; 01-03-2011 at 07:55 PM..

Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,886 times
I just moved to Kissimmee area and not too safe I just got robbed by black guys and is terrifying I thought it was safe but is not I am looking to move but sad cuz is a beauty I will always keep my doors closed all times I said why me but now I appreciate life more god works in mysterious ways sometimes..

Old 05-18-2011, 06:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadB View Post
Uh, yes.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Yes. Last one was in 2004, Hurricane Charlie. Before that I think was in 1962.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadB View Post

Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,662 times
my husband is being relocated to orlando, we have a daughter in grade school and another on the way. can someone tell me what are some good areas around orlando that are safe and have good schools. ty

Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss_m View Post
my husband is being relocated to orlando, we have a daughter in grade school and another on the way. can someone tell me what are some good areas around orlando that are safe and have good schools. ty
It would help to tell us what area your husband will be working in so we can suggest areas near there. But a quick list would be Dr. Phillips, Windermere, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Oviedo and Altamonte Springs. There are some nice neighborhoods in the immediate downtown area too, such as Thorton Park and College Park.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,478 times
From experience I can tell you that one of the best places to live in Florida is Boca Raton. Great schools, also many great opportunities for jobs on the fields that you guys are interested in. Neighborhoods there are perfect for a family, quiet and safe. I personally went to FAU great University. Also, everything is newly built and homes are at a great price for awesome quality. But if you're looking for some place near Orlando then I would definitely say Altamonte Springs. One tip I can give you is the farther away from Orlando's Theme Parks the better. Also, kissimmee is way to crowded and loud for the kind of place you are looking for.

Hope this helps you.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,592 times
Winter Garden, make sure you live in King's Crossing Elementary neighborhood, DO NOT MOVE WITH INTENTIONS On Whispering OAK elementary unless you move into one of the safe neighborhoods. They will be rezoned next year. Lake Whitney elementary area is also good, plus anything in Winter Garden and Windermere I LOVE IT HERE!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM

69 posts, read 174,273 times
I wish I could live in Celebration that is the BEST place to live. SO many walking trails, safe and has an "small town" kind of feel but in Orlando. IT is a great place for those who love Disney and/or work there. I think it has almost everything and so close to I4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando