Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,159,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Thanks for the input. It's hard because you see the nice houses but you don't know if the area is good or not...we're planning a visit in Jan. or Feb. just to check out areas and housing choices but are there any others besides the 2 mentioned above? They look great, but would like to have more options when visiting. Thanks again everyone for the responses!
They are new so they look nice, but I am sure they will not stand the test of time. This group is affordable and except for certain pockets is not where I would recommend. I could see it resembling the worst parts of Kissimmee in the next 10 years. The nice areas in this general vicinity would be Hunters Creek, Celebration, Reunion, and Formosa Gardens/Clermont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 PM

291 posts, read 1,205,186 times
Anyone know about Davenport? Thanks!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 9,140 times
i also was looking into poinciana, thought the houses were very nice and affordable, can someone explain why not? we also stayed in the summer bay area it will be nice to live close to the attractions but also where good schools are. can you give more information on where to buy or rent and jobs?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 9,140 times
we are also planning of going back in february maybe we can do some research together?

Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1216 View Post
i also was looking into poinciana, thought the houses were very nice and affordable, can someone explain why not? we also stayed in the summer bay area it will be nice to live close to the attractions but also where good schools are. can you give more information on where to buy or rent and jobs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1216 View Post
we are also planning of going back in february maybe we can do some research together?
Hi! You should read back on the previous page I think, they went into details about Poinciana. I guess I'm not interested in that area afterall. I have heard a lot of good things about Clermont, Dr. Phillips and Winterpark though. I am doing LOTS of research and talking with people on the DIS forums too, getting lots of good info there from people who live there. I would love to share our research. We can PM each other and talk about what we've found.
Are you visiting in Feb. to check out areas? We're going in Jan. or Feb. to do that, then in Sept. going house hunting until we find one and then coming back to Asheville to get our stuff. Our lease here ends Sept. 30th.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:02 PM

*Anyone know about Grand View Apartments in Clermont?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM

11 posts, read 46,617 times
Check Craigslist / Kissimmee for rental homes...Neptune Rd area is a very good/quiet area in Kissimmee. It has maintained its quiet tone away and opposite from the other side of 192.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando