Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 18,767 times

Advertisements

Need I say more?

I'm looking for some under the table work even part time for what ever I can get paid. UCF SUCKS! NEVER GO TO UCF!

I need to pay for my classes I don't want to take out a student loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 AM

732 posts, read 4,158,065 times
I can only think of craigslist

Old 04-21-2008, 07:21 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,964,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashOriginals View Post
Need I say more?

I'm looking for some under the table work even part time for what ever I can get paid. UCF SUCKS! NEVER GO TO UCF!

I need to pay for my classes I don't want to take out a student loan.

Try the construction sites. What about those daily work places?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 PM

143 posts, read 651,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Try the construction sites. What about those daily work places?
Under the table jobs generally aren't steady; the work would only last a few weeks or less. Also, I doubt they pay well. You'd probably be better off getting a normal job. Serving is a good job for students and you can make a good deal. I just started going back to Grad school at UCF (btw, I disagree with your assesment of the school) and got a job at a golf course which is great. I make a lot in tips and get all the free golf I want. You should look for something like that. Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,964,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaRick View Post
Under the table jobs generally aren't steady; the work would only last a few weeks or less. Also, I doubt they pay well. You'd probably be better off getting a normal job. Serving is a good job for students and you can make a good deal. I just started going back to Grad school at UCF (btw, I disagree with your assesment of the school) and got a job at a golf course which is great. I make a lot in tips and get all the free golf I want. You should look for something like that. Good Luck.

I think you might have quoted the wrong poster?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 18,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaRick View Post
I'm only 15. I know 15 and he goes to ucf.
I'm so smart for my own damn good but no one will hire me.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I think you might have quoted the wrong poster?
Yes I did

Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashOriginals View Post
I'm only 15. I know 15 and he goes to ucf.
I'm so smart for my own damn good but no one will hire me.
Ohhh. Well there are alot of laws regarding your employment then. For one, you're not supposed to work during school hours, but assuming you have a HS diploma, you should fall under one of the exceptions to that law. I know there are exceptions, you have to research them. Here are the laws regarding employment of minors:

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/reg/do...ster_legal.pdf

I know this doesn't help with your search, but maybe you'll know why you can't find work. At the very least, it will bump your thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando