Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deana View Post
Hi all,

Finally will be heading to Central FL first weekend in Jan to look for a nice area to live and to open a retail business. I would like to hear from all Orlando lovers that really love Orlando and where they live. Please let me know as I will be driving around all areas. Currently have a house in St Cloud so do not send me there. Am looking at possibly west near Winter Garden, east near Avalon Park and north as far as Sanford. Thanks so much. I am living in South Florida so people, traffic, home prices, congestion and any other negatives will have no effect on me. Thanks
How about the fact that the FL real estate market is collapsing and maybe you should just sell your south Fla home and wait to see how abd things will get??

Well, compared to South FL, Central FL will be a MAJOR improvement! You will be shocked to hear people speak English in certain parts of town. If I may suggest, check out the nicer areas in Orlando, like Lake Mary, Winter Garden, Maitland, Windermere, and Dr. Phillips (although the last two are expensive).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deana View Post
Hi all,

Finally will be heading to Central FL first weekend in Jan to look for a nice area to live and to open a retail business. I would like to hear from all Orlando lovers that really love Orlando and where they live. Please let me know as I will be driving around all areas. Currently have a house in St Cloud so do not send me there. Am looking at possibly west near Winter Garden, east near Avalon Park and north as far as Sanford. Thanks so much. I am living in South Florida so people, traffic, home prices, congestion and any other negatives will have no effect on me. Thanks
You should try the Doctor Phillips area or Universal BLVD/Wiiliamsburg area.....There is a brand new Wal-Mart supercenter on Turkey Lake rd. near Doctor Phillips and it has a whole bunch of new retail shops about to open.....

but i dont know what stores are going to be there so maybe they will have space in that plaza.....so i think Doctor Phillips might be nice .....but there is another place called Vista Cay off of Universal BLVD right near the Orange County convention center that is awesome for the price too......its $1200 a month for the townhouses and they are 3 stories and have bathrooms on each floor and the condos are a little cheaper there too.....

but they are opening a Publix shopping center right next to that development and they are starting to build it right now ...it should be done early next year and maybe you could rent some space for you store in that plaza...or also in Vista Cay they are planning a downtown venue with shops and nightlife too in which you could possibly rent space too......Well this is my area and i have lived in other parts of Orlando but i like it down here the best for safety and the amount of things to do that are really close

Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
i think she (deana) is looking towards northern fla now... she is posting in the jax forum and asking questions about where to check out up there... you blame her?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i think she (deana) is looking towards northern fla now... she is posting in the jax forum and asking questions about where to check out up there... you blame her?

It all has its negatives.....personally i lived up in North Florida too...and didnt like the vibe of Jacksonville....it was too redneckish for me......i like country people but there is a difference between North Florida Redneck and Tennessee country folks

Old 07-31-2007, 12:41 AM

3 posts, read 7,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
My biggest complaint about Sanford is the schools. Otherwise, there are some areas in and around Sanford that I wouldn't mind living. First of all, it is not a "trailer" town. I can remember only one manufactured home park in Sanford - I'm sure there may be a couple more, but it is not peppered with mobile homes.

Second, like another person pointed out, there is quite a bit of new development in West Sanford. South Sanford, both on the east and west sides of 17-92 are not all that great. But, there are some nice areas near the north end of Lake Jessup in Sanford.

Personally, I think Sanford has much potential. Seminole County is a wealthy county and they are making an effort to help revitalize the Sanford area. I think parts of Sanford are ripe for investing in land that will eventually be quite valuable 5 years out.
What exactly don't you like about the schools? I see on websites that they're A rated??? I have 1 child going into high school and 1 just going into elementary... any info is welcomed. It's so hard to tell how things really are unless you live there, so we're trying to be as informed as possible before deciding which city to live in. My husbands and my transfer won't take place for several months off - hopefully we'll pick a good one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando