Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:19 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,169,529 times

Advertisements

Can you voice your concern at the next meeting and place emphasis on bird droppings in house, cars, furniture, etc. Also mention that other pest will be attracted due to birds nesting close to the homes. This can negatively impact the view or perception of the community.. Is worth to ask formally, take pictures and if allowed get resident signatures about this concern.

Hope this help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
The reason I'm asking this is because one of my neighbors wakes up early in the morning and feeds those stupid birds like a few lbs of bread and they wake me up early in the morning along with a dog barking at the birds she is feeding. Its really getting to me and my homeowners association said they can't do anything about it. If they can't do anything what can I do, I will not pay them if they can't help me. Any info would be appreciated.
If you stop paying your HOA, they can make life more miserable for you than
birds and dogs. I know, this happened to me. Most definately speak to the
dogs owner and if all else fails call Animal Control, in Florida, may be different
in another state. It worked for me. Good Luck

Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,969 times
Thanks for all your replies. I actually don't mind all the birds, I live on a small lake, but when there's literally it seems hundreds of birds screaming and squawking at 7a.m. waking me up its like torture! I work nights and stay up late, that's just my cycle. Its funny because I'm usually laidback, don't mind many things and can tolerate alot of BS, but when it comes to my sleep I am very picky. I called animal control and they said they can only do something about the dogs barking and I will call them everyday until something is done. Alphaman thanks for that link I'm gonna have to look into some of that. Now on to looking for a stray cat and give him a good Christmas or Thanksgiving, whatever!

Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 PM

93 posts, read 404,000 times
There are some things that can be done - depends on what kind of birds they are. Are you talking sand cranes or muscovy ducks?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsty333 View Post
There are some things that can be done - depends on what kind of birds they are. Are you talking sand cranes or muscovy ducks?
Theres a few different birds mixed in there, some look like seagulls, some don't. Also sometimes cranes come, too. Most of them are white and they fight each other for the food because they scream so loud. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:46 AM

9 posts, read 46,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Theres a few different birds mixed in there, some look like seagulls, some don't. Also sometimes cranes come, too. Most of them are white and they fight each other for the food because they scream so loud. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I feel so bad for you . I hope you can get it worked out.

I love my sleep time and can't imagine having it taken
away by someone who could just as easliy feed a few hours later
to be nice.

Whats wrong with people these days ?

Sorry this is happening to you.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:07 AM

800 posts, read 3,089,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
I happen to work for an home owner's assoc mangment co. If you don't pay the assoc. dues they will put a lien on your property, including any attorney
and collection fees. The home owner's assoc can not enforce things that are not set forth in the association rules. Have you tried talking to the other home owner?
Your ability to lien a property for nonpayment depends on the HOA docs and if the community is deed restricted.

In my subdivision, it's not deed restricted, therefore, the HOA is not manadatory. If you don't pay, there is absolutely nothing the HOA can do about it.

If the community has a deed restricted HOA, you are correct, a lien can be put on the property.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 PM

170 posts, read 753,727 times
seems to be alot of nightmere stories involving hoas, my question is, is it possible for the residents to remove the hoa from a community, if the majority of residents want it gone?

Old 12-28-2007, 03:34 PM

800 posts, read 3,089,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich renter View Post
seems to be alot of nightmere stories involving hoas, my question is, is it possible for the residents to remove the hoa from a community, if the majority of residents want it gone?
That's a good question. All HOA documents dictate what must happen to change the HOA rules and regulations. All HOAs are different. Where I live, you need 100 percent of the residents to agree to make a change. That is nearly impossible to achieve.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 AM

5 posts, read 21,593 times
Sorry for your predicament. We are in a similar one but only w/ loud screaming kids in front of our driveway and in the middle of the street. All this in a townhouse. We like kids (but not screaming ones...and this happens practically everyday from about 4-8PM) We wonder if these kids even eat! The association gives the excuse that they don't have a playground. Gee, so lets put the kids in the middle of I-4 (bigger playground)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: