Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 02:46 PM

11 posts, read 14,002 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I am currently in need of suggestions on town homes, condos, or apartments for 3 girls. We wanted Dr. Phillips, Winter Park, or Metrowest area. Something around 1500 or less. 3/2.5 or 3/2 is fine, but 3/3 is ideal. Safety is very important for us.

I am open to any suggestions! We looked at our options on Truila but did not end up liking any of the places we visited.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM

54 posts, read 81,385 times
Hey JP,

I didn't know Trulia was still around.... just kidding, but it's not the first place (or second, third or last place) I would suggest looking. I would also suggest staying away from Craigslist. Scams are scattered around, so be sure to use common sense.

now I can't advise you on places that only do rentals such as apartment complexes, but from the research I have cone, (quick research) there are no matches to your request for a 2 + half bath, but if you can work with just 2 baths then you have about a dozen options.
I would suggest verifying parking because if there are 3 of you, parking for most town homes / condos will be a problem as they are not set up to accommodate 3 cars and lean more towards the traditional 1 or 2 car family.
Because of this, I might suggest leaning towards a house instead so you remove most of your parking issues.

For renters, I use the 1.5 car factor, for every tenant there are 1.5 cars. Whether it's significant other, friends or family, someone likely has someone over on a regular basis.

You didn't say when you were looking for a place, but my suggestion is don't bother searching until you are 29 days or less from needing to move in. So much can change, and most landlords can / will only advertise availability 1 month before available because it is hard to get in with existing tenants, and if the place is already vacant, no landlord will hold a vacant place for more than 1 week or so because that is simply lost income / an expense, unless you are willing to pay rent before you can move in. So don't get to far ahead of yourself. Research isn't all bad, but you could spend your time looking for a place that will never be available when you really need it.

I will leave on this note, .... do not be afraid to call and speak to a real estate agent. They can give you all the advice you are seeking and 99% of the time there is no fee for you the potential tenant. This information is available up front for you, so don't think they will hit you with a fee after they find you a place. We are usually paid for by the homeowner / property owner.

Best of luck in your search.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 PM

11 posts, read 14,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPevehouse View Post
Hey JP,
Thanks for replying BPevehouse, lots of good advise!

3/2 are fine and we are looking to move in as soon as possible or something like towards the end of Nov, beginning of Dec.

I just am not too sure where to start or who to contact. Do you have any suggestions?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 PM

54 posts, read 81,385 times
I just sent you a Direct Message. If for some reason you didn't get it, let me know

Old 11-06-2013, 11:49 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPevehouse View Post
Hey JP,

I didn't know Trulia was still around.... just kidding, but it's not the first place (or second, third or last place) I would suggest looking. I would also suggest staying away from Craigslist. Scams are scattered around, so be sure to use common sense.

now I can't advise you on places that only do rentals such as apartment complexes, but from the research I have cone, (quick research) there are no matches to your request for a 2 + half bath, but if you can work with just 2 baths then you have about a dozen options.
I would suggest verifying parking because if there are 3 of you, parking for most town homes / condos will be a problem as they are not set up to accommodate 3 cars and lean more towards the traditional 1 or 2 car family.
Because of this, I might suggest leaning towards a house instead so you remove most of your parking issues.

For renters, I use the 1.5 car factor, for every tenant there are 1.5 cars. Whether it's significant other, friends or family, someone likely has someone over on a regular basis.

You didn't say when you were looking for a place, but my suggestion is don't bother searching until you are 29 days or less from needing to move in. So much can change, and most landlords can / will only advertise availability 1 month before available because it is hard to get in with existing tenants, and if the place is already vacant, no landlord will hold a vacant place for more than 1 week or so because that is simply lost income / an expense, unless you are willing to pay rent before you can move in. So don't get to far ahead of yourself. Research isn't all bad, but you could spend your time looking for a place that will never be available when you really need it.

I will leave on this note, .... do not be afraid to call and speak to a real estate agent. They can give you all the advice you are seeking and 99% of the time there is no fee for you the potential tenant. This information is available up front for you, so don't think they will hit you with a fee after they find you a place. We are usually paid for by the homeowner / property owner.

Best of luck in your search.
That's actually rather poor advise as many legit landlords use Craigslist in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: