Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,965,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Clearly you're unable to process but there is a difference between a product where 10 to 12 units worth of sales per year is sufficient to stay in business versus one where 24 to 36 units per day are necessary to stay afloat. The Orlando metro area does not have that kind of demographic density without international tourists, like it or not.
Yeah Kyle give it up man. I used to live on Millenia Blvd next to the Mall at Millenia so I was there nearly daily, and I can tell you that you are flubbing the proportion of locals to international tourists. Sure, no one can argue the positive effect the tourists have had on the mall's success, but the Mall at Millenia is only 11 years old this October and is doing great. It usually takes many years for a newly minted high end mall to get the right mix of luxury stores that Millenia has had since opening.

"The history of luxury malls is that it usually takes 10-25 years to build the merchandising mix to be successful. But we were able to get these amazing retailers on Day One and it’s allowed us to attract others."
-Nathan Forbes Managing Partner for the Mall at Millenia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,375,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Clearly you're unable to process but there is a difference between a product where 10 to 12 units worth of sales per year is sufficient to stay in business versus one where 24 to 36 units per day are necessary to stay afloat. The Orlando metro area does not have that kind of demographic density without international tourists, like it or not.
Clearly you're unable to process that certain high-end luxury goods are purchased by tourists and locals alike while others are likely only purchased by the local population. It's no surprise that you are happy to look at one anecdotal example while ignoring another.

You're continued hatred/agenda against the Orlando area is perplexing There are people doing well in central FL, even if you aren't and obviously, not everyone shops at wal-mart like you constantly seem to insinuate.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,914,378 times
I think the Locals can support Mellinia and Florida Mall, But I don't think it can support both of the premium outlet malls. I don't really see many tourists when ever I go to Mellinia, Florida Mall is another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando