Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 PM

14 posts, read 28,313 times

Advertisements

I new adult soccer league has begun in Kissimmee. They play on wednesday nights under the lights. The fee is $250 per team of 12 players max. The contact number is 4078472388. the fields are gorgeous and the league is competitive but safe. The staff is great and the league director is very personable and friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 PM

511 posts, read 855,623 times
Are there age divisions? How about league insurance?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM

We currebntly offer just the single division. We have 2 college teams enrolled with 2 very competeitive 30& over teams. The league is very talented but the competetion is healthy. League insurance? not 100% what you mean that... We run it with the City of Kissimmee so injuries and such arent covered due to the City' waiver signed to aprticipate.

Anything else?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM

Well that's what I mean, no insurance for the league at large so a big risk of injury sidelining someone from making a living besides the potential for an expensive and possibly debilitating injury = big risk in participating, something to be considered..

Any such thing as indoor soccer here? Or even better yet indoor sized fields with boards but outdoors?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM

Any soccer league that is run within the the central florida area does not include insurance. It is no different then youth soccer or school sports. The individual takes the risk and medical attention if on their own.

There are 2 indoor soccer leagues that i know of in the central florida area. they are league play only and the team fee is $750. No insurance with them as well.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Ok well thanks but none of that is good news for me. So now there's no insurance for youth leagues either? Regardless of whether not not that's the "norm" it's still a hindrance and something one has to seriously consider before playing these days with such high possible medical costs and good jobs being so scarce.

In the not so distant past, leagues were able to purchase and offer special seasonal policies for sports and through the organization or facility that was providing it, The cost was kept down to to it being a group policy, I fear his has been a stake in the heart for many potential participants, myself included unfortunately as some players don't know how to temper their competitiveness and go over the top, potentially hurting some one else and can then walk away from any responsibility. Happened to me years ago and bunged up my knee..

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM

I completely agree with what you said. No ther isnt. the league i run has insurance but that is my personal business insurance to prevent peoploe suing but we run the league with the City of Kissimmee in which you sign a waiver to participate. these days it is all individual dependance for the most part. i know this doesnt help.

if it makes antything better we have been running for 5 weeks now without any injuries or yellow cards. the league is very competitve but mature. You should visit and see for yourself if you have a possible team.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM

And then there's this sad piece of news, I can't imagine what a child is taught that possess such anger for a call in a GAME...I'm as competitive as the next, some would say more so, but......

Scary stuff this from any perspective, but it wouldn't keep me or my children from playing, it's still so senseless and inexplicable though.

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah soccer league that saw one of its referees punched by a teen player and sent into a coma plans to play on — but with security present at games and without the player's team, its president said Friday.
Mario Vasquez, president of La Liga Continental de Futbol, said he'll hire off-duty police officers to watch over games, which will resume this weekend at a middle school in a Salt Lake City suburb. The 17-year-old's team has been expelled from the league.
Utah soccer league hiring security after ref hit

Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
And then there's this sad piece of news, I can't imagine what a child is taught that possess such anger for a call in a GAME...I'm as competitive as the next, some would say more so, but......

Scary stuff this from any perspective, but it wouldn't keep me or my children from playing, it's still so senseless and inexplicable though.

Utah soccer league hiring security after ref hit
Even more sad this referee has now died and the player will undoubtedly be charged with murder over a GAME..

Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 AM

I completely agree. That is so sad and pathertic for such a horrible incident to occur. We run in partnership with the City so we have Police at our beck and call. Something like this can happen anywhere anytime. example the Boston marathon.

Competitiveness is great but within reason. I think you weould enjoy this league honestly. The competetion is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando