Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 AM

35 posts, read 85,200 times

Advertisements

We have finally relocated to Orlando and are beginning the process of settling in. My husband and I need a primary care physician, and prefer Internal Medicine to Family Practice. Can anyone recommend a good Internist in the Orlando area? We live in Baldwin Park, so Maitland/Winter Park/College Park/downtown areas would be closest to us. I have so far been recommended Dr. Karen Echeverria (associated with ORMC) and Dr. Martin Derrow in Maitland (associated with Florida Hospital). Any advice on doctors and hospital affiliations would be appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
We've love out GP. His name is Dr Martin Darrow. He's located in Maitland.

And if you need a dematologist, his daughter is in the same building, just upstairs.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM

Thank you, Granny Sue! He must be good, as he was booked out until June for new patients! I do need a dermatologist also, so I will call his daughter's office as well. Can you tell me what are the differences in the hospitals? Winter Park Hospital, ORMC, and Florida Hospital? Is one drastically better than the others?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 AM

I myself prefer Florida Hospital and I do believe that Winter Park Hospital is now part of the FH network. I've had a couple of bad experiences at Winter Park so I tend to shy away from it.

Now granted this was more than 10 years ago and before they joined FH so hopefully they've improved.

I really have no qualm with ORMC..matter of fact I've haveing a procedure done here in the next month or so there. Just because the doctor I'm using practices there.
The one difference is ORMC has a trama unit and FH does not.

I really don't think one is drastically better than the other. I prefer to think they keep each other on their toes.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I really have no qualm with ORMC..matter of fact I've haveing a procedure done here in the next month or so there. Just because the doctor I'm using practices there.
The one difference is ORMC has a trama unit and FH does not.
ORMC also has a dedicated women's (Winnie Palmer) and Children's (Arnold Palmer) hospital while FH does not. There is also the affiliation of their cancer center with the esteemed MD Anderson cancer center in Houston, TX.

Technically, FH also does trauma, but it's not as acute. ORMC has Level I trauma services, FH has Level II

Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Thanks chopchop.....I knew I wasn't 100% sure on the trama units. Glad you cleared that one up.

And it's been 30+ years since I've had to deal with the Palmer part that I did neglect to mention it.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 AM

Thank you, both of you, for replying! I appreciate the input

Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM

626 posts, read 977,036 times
We need a good internal medicine doctor and Family care doc, in the Windermere/Winter Garden/Clermont area.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM

16 posts, read 36,226 times
Check out UCF Faculty clinic..Pegasus Health .. Doctors who are at the leading edge of medicine and because they're not in private practice, don't have the greedy profit motives that many of the IM doctors have, especially in the Orlando area.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM

995 posts, read 1,696,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeblake View Post
Check out UCF Faculty clinic..Pegasus Health .. Doctors who are at the leading edge of medicine and because they're not in private practice, don't have the greedy profit motives that many of the IM doctors have, especially in the Orlando area.
I hate to break it to you, but yes they do. I am positive if they are in faculty practice that a portion of their pay is incentive based.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando