Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM

5 posts, read 7,316 times

Advertisements

Im looking for a reliable store that sells washer and dryers at a discount price. Im on a tight budget and only have $600 to spend on both. I dont care what they look like as long as they are in good working condition. I already looked on craiglist but I'm a bit weary of buying from an individual because at least with a store if the appliances dont work right I could always go back and try to resolve the issue with them. Any recommendations of a good, honest place?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartle View Post
Im looking for a reliable store that sells washer and dryers at a discount price. Im on a tight budget and only have $600 to spend on both. I dont care what they look like as long as they are in good working condition. I already looked on craiglist but I'm a bit weary of buying from an individual because at least with a store if the appliances dont work right I could always go back and try to resolve the issue with them. Any recommendations of a good, honest place?
thanks!
I know of two:
Home Page
Assured Appliance - Contact Us

Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM

5 posts, read 7,316 times
Thanks Beckycat for the links, I will check them out

Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,027,915 times
US Steel has scratch and dent models--you could check there as well.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
I went to Lowe's and bought a new Roper Washer and Dryer for less than that. I had a higher-priced high efficiency top loader Maytag Bravos (very highly rated) but it was horrendous. It "washed clothes" by spritzing water and allegedly rinsing the detergent out which was physically impossible with dribbling water, and all "high efficiency" machines operate in this manner. My towels smelled gross after one use and my clothes never felt clean. The Roper model (American made) is among the last of the old school machines that fills the drum with water to wash/rinse and works like a dream delivering clean, fresh clothes!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I went to Lowe's and bought a new Roper Washer and Dryer for less than that. I had a higher-priced high efficiency top loader Maytag Bravos (very highly rated) but it was horrendous. It "washed clothes" by spritzing water and allegedly rinsing the detergent out which was physically impossible with dribbling water, and all "high efficiency" machines operate in this manner. My towels smelled gross after one use and my clothes never felt clean. The Roper model (American made) is among the last of the old school machines that fills the drum with water to wash/rinse and works like a dream delivering clean, fresh clothes!

Actually the HE front loaders don't work like that. My clothes come out of my Whirlpool Duet clean and wet.

You need to leave the door cracked ajar when it's not in use. That's the only caveat to a front loader.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,053,341 times
Appliance Direct, Home Appliances, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Ranges, Freezers, Central Florida

Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Actually the HE front loaders don't work like that. My clothes come out of my Whirlpool Duet clean and wet.

You need to leave the door cracked ajar when it's not in use. That's the only caveat to a front loader.
Actually, they do....watch it sometime. Of course the clothes get wet, but they're not saturated sufficiently. How can dirty clothes that do not get fully immersed in water really come clean?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually, they do....watch it sometime. Of course the clothes get wet, but they're not saturated sufficiently. How can dirty clothes that do not get fully immersed in water really come clean?
I do and have, there is ample water to clean them. And depending on the cycle you use, sometimes they are still dripping wet when you take them out. I suppose dripping wet isn't good enough?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I do and have, there is ample water to clean them. And depending on the cycle you use, sometimes they are still dripping wet when you take them out. I suppose dripping wet isn't good enough?
If you say so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando