Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 PM

81 posts, read 154,017 times

Advertisements

Is it a decent place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyygal View Post
It's OK. I say it's an average place to live. Nothing special but it's acceptable.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,312,159 times
congested but haven't heard that it is any worse than anywhere else

Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM

129 posts, read 448,051 times
It's a blue collar type of city, middle to lower-middle class area. Pretty diverse demographics. And it has an over agressive police force, so watch your speed. They don't call it Hasselberry for nothing. It's centrally located in terms of the metro area, with Longwood to the north, Altamonte to the west, Fern Park/Maitland to the south, and unincorporated Seminole County (oviedo/winter park/winter springs) on the east. The main branch of the Seminole County library is located there. There are a few dive bars if that's your thing, and other than that Casselberry is mainly residential.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInGreenville View Post
It's a blue collar type of city, middle to lower-middle class area.
That's about half right. I wouldn't call the east side neighborhoods of Deer Run or Lake Howell "blue collar".

Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
It's a blue collar type of city, middle to lower-middle class area. Pretty diverse demographics. And it has an over agressive police force, so watch your speed. They don't call it Hasselberry for nothing. It's centrally located in terms of the metro area, with Longwood to the north, Altamonte to the west, Fern Park/Maitland to the south, and unincorporated Seminole County (oviedo/winter park/winter springs) on the east. The main branch of the Seminole County library is located there. There are a few dive bars if that's your thing, and other than that Casselberry is mainly residential.
I agree with this

Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 AM

812 posts, read 1,674,772 times
Quote:
Pretty good...

I would call the bars more "dive-like" as the crowds in my experience are mostly working class to paraprofessional.

If the OP has a specific area in mind that would help.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 AM

7 posts, read 20,480 times
Default Many Reasons to Love Casselberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyygal View Post
I've been collecting what people like about Casselberry. Here are some of them. Personally, from where I live, I feel like I live in the country, yet I'm within walking distances from parks, lakes, stores, restaurants, and major highways.

Once in a great while, things come together in such a way that something great happens. So it is with the City of Casselberry. Jacque StalowyGallery J Studios

I love Casselberry for its close proximity to everything and for its close attention to arts and culture. Most of all I love Casselberry for the people.
Colleen Hufford, Silpada Designs

It’s a city with a low crime rate, and the emergency services, when you need them, are very good. Joung Lee, Lee’s Hair Salon

The can-do attitude of the parents and students alike. Barry James, Music Teachers’ Collective

The parks, lakes, walking trails, and concerts are just a few of the reasons why I love Casselberry. Tom McElroy, Real Estate Consulting Group

This community is small enough to be like a large family, and large enough to provide a quality environment in which to live, work and raise a family. Vicki Helmlick, CPA

The people of Casselberry are involved in their town and care about both the people who live here and economic development for business prosperity. Roberta Weiss, BB&T Bank

I’ve been in Casselberry for over 26 years. It has been my hometown, where my kids are growing up. We love the peace, quiet, and safe environment this wonderful city provides us. Gilbert Romero, Harpist Gilbert

Casselberry is nestled amongst trees and lakes, close to the big city, without all the stress that comes with the urban masses. It’s an easy place to call home. Tish Moore Whitting, Juice Plus

Old 07-27-2012, 06:05 PM

501 posts, read 1,191,526 times
Default Rental home prices?

Can anyone expand on what SFH rentals run there? NOT apartments, but homes.
Thank you!!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:08 AM

501 posts, read 1,191,526 times
lil32718 - thanks for the info!

Again, can anyone expand on wha SFH rentals run in Casselbery?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando