Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 PM

16 posts, read 28,840 times

Advertisements

We are a family with a nearly 4-yr-old son. We found 2 houses to rent that we like: one in Winter Park, the other in Longwood. They both have swimming pools. The one in Longwood is in a gated community called The Springs. Very natural, beautiful, wooded, but no yard. We like to get out of the house & do things on our time off. Not sit around the house. Which would you recommend. Can anyone tell me about The Springs? What is community like? Are there events? Where would we be able to make friends easier & find things to do? We like anything outdoors, festivals, eating out at new & interesting places (preferably independent). My husband will be working in Lake Mary & is OK w/ commute from either. Just doesn't want to do more than 1/2 hour each way. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 03:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
If you want accessibility via foot to shopping, art festivals, farmers market on Sat then Winter Park is definitely your place!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:00 AM

27,179 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
If you want accessibility via foot to shopping, art festivals, farmers market on Sat then Winter Park is definitely your place!
That depends on where in Winter Park the house is located. The city is spread out and not everyone can walk out their front door a few blocks to Park Avenue. If the OP could give an idea of address/area it would help with the suggestions.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
Winter Park has the better schools. It will be a longer commute but opposite of what most traffic is doing. There are far more activities in or close to Winter park...It would have my vote.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Hi! The address is Winter Park but is in Seminole County (32792 zip) if that makes any sense. It is in the Winter Springs sub, so definitely not walking distance to events, etc. We are 2 years away from kindergarten, so not so concerned about that now. Only plan on renting for a year, make some friends, activities, get to know Central Fl, then buy

Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Default Sorry I meant Winter Woods sub

Not Winter Springs

Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 AM

27,179 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Winter Woods is just off of Semoran Blvd (436) which is not an ideal area of town and not an easy commute to Lake Mary. 436/Semoran Blvd is a commercial strip with quite a number of lower rent apartment communities that contribute to a fairly active crime rate. The Springs in Longwood is much more upscale, much safer/quieter, and not to mention a relatively easy commute to Lake Mary.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:59 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Winter Woods is just off of Semoran Blvd (436) which is not an ideal area of town and not an easy commute to Lake Mary. 436/Semoran Blvd is a commercial strip with quite a number of lower rent apartment communities that contribute to a fairly active crime rate. The Springs in Longwood is much more upscale, much safer/quieter, and not to mention a relatively easy commute to Lake Mary.
I agree. Unless the OP lives right in WP Village, I'd definately chose Longwood over it. The Springs is the best choice hands down. That area has pretty much everything you need. The schools are great there. Lake Mary is only one exit up on I4.

I also recommended Sabal Point off Weekiva Springs Rd.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbchmom View Post
Hi! The address is Winter Park but is in Seminole County (32792 zip) if that makes any sense. It is in the Winter Springs sub, so definitely not walking distance to events, etc. We are 2 years away from kindergarten, so not so concerned about that now. Only plan on renting for a year, make some friends, activities, get to know Central Fl, then buy
Oh, Winter Springs and Wnter Park are two completely different animals. If that's the case I'd pick Longwood over Winter Springs. You do have Wekiva Springs Park just down the road if you pick Longwood. Lots of traffic though.
But I like The Springs much better than Sabal Point. Those homes in Sabal seem pretty dated and a lot of them haven't been updated. Also Sabal Point kids go to Lyman instead of Lake Brantley if you have teenagers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando