Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 PM

314 posts, read 818,998 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
So my sister (28) and I (23) would like to make the move up to Northeast Orlando. We are from and currently living in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). We don't like it here because it's unaffordable to live for example our budget is $800 for a 2/2. Not sure if 3 1/2 hours makes a difference as well but the people here are real nasty (not feeling it). I would like anyone's input who is in a similar situation or just has some advice about where we would have a good quality of life. We are recent college graduates, single and want to keep a youthful lifestyle. Thanks.

P.S. if anyone has a job lead that would be helpful as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,967,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybflady13 View Post
Hi everyone,
So my sister (28) and I (23) would like to make the move up to Northeast Orlando. We are from and currently living in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). We don't like it here because it's unaffordable to live for example our budget is $800 for a 2/2. Not sure if 3 1/2 hours makes a difference as well but the people here are real nasty (not feeling it). I would like anyone's input who is in a similar situation or just has some advice about where we would have a good quality of life. We are recent college graduates, single and want to keep a youthful lifestyle. Thanks.

P.S. if anyone has a job lead that would be helpful as well...
You can live a very youthful life in any of those three places. Altamonte Springs is the furthest out from Orlando, but don't let that fool you about its offerings. I live here and pay $700 for a 1/1 but am walking distance to Uptown Altamonte and Cranes Roost Park at Altamonte Mall. Our friends live nearby but a little too far to easily walk to the places I mentioned and they pay about $725 for a 2/2 and love it. Winter Park is great too, but be prepared to pay a little more to live near the walkable areas. Maitland will offer some good deals, but you will either be on the older more established almost Winter Park side of Maitland, or the newer officeparky side of Maitland. Which ever you choose, you will be 10-20 minutes into DT Orlando for all the crazy nightlife and entertainment you could imagine. Hope this helps, and BTW I'm within your age range.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:42 PM

17 posts, read 37,666 times
Default Willow Park

I read that you live in these areas Im interested in locating housing within 2 weeks, can you tell me anything about Willow Park apartments in Altimonte Springs? What will be a good area as far as apartment. We are flying blind here base on pictures b/c we have to rlocate within 2 weeks there..Thanks in advance..

Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 PM

105 posts, read 180,085 times
ybflady13
I live in the Altamonte area west of Interstate 4 in a 2/2 for $850.00. Your price range is very possible in this area. My sister also lives in Altamonte and pays $750.00 for a 2/2.

Peguero4
In regards to Willow Park apartments I don't much about those apartments but the apartmenats is very close to Albertson's grocery store (which is open 24 hrs), Publix grocery store, Altamonte Mall, Cranes Roost Park, Uptown Altamonte, many bank locations, many restaurants, AMC movie theater, A plus schools, and Interstate 4. Many of locations that I mentioned are in walking distance of Willow Park. Also check out Central Park Apartments, Village Green Apartments, Altamira Apartments, and Archstone Central Parkway Apartments. There are several other apartments in the Jamestown section of Altamonte. Also Willow Park looks like they take good care of the grounds.

Hopefully Cranes Rooster will see the thread and respond. He grew up in the area and knows a great deal about the area. I have only been in the area 6 years but I love it.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:04 PM

314 posts, read 818,998 times
Thanks everyone. I was hoping that price wasn't too shady for those places. Gotta be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando