Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM

22 posts, read 37,613 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I am moving to Orlando from Atlanta and I was planning to rent an apartment called 'Dwell' in Maitland. My job is in Longwood and I thought staying bewteen the downtown (lake Aola) area and work would make for a great compromise. The address of where I plan to move to is:8700 Maitland Summit Boulevard . I've heard west Orlando is supposed to be a violent part off town and where I am moving to is a tiny bit West off i-4.

I am a single straight 31 year old bachelor. I know for a fact I will be in the downtown are a lot but I just dont want to leave there.

Thansk soo much for any replies. I will like to sign the lease in two days so please hurry.

Maitland: Rate it on a skill of 1-10, 10 being safest relative to other places in Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
I work right next to Dwell. I also moved from Atlanta a couple years ago to Maitland just south of where Dwell is, but now live downtown next to Lake Eola.

Maitland is safe...Dwell is in a corporate area. I would say 9 out of 10 in this neighborhood safety. Best fitness club in the city is there too...the RDV Sportsplex. West of I-4 is bad just south of this particular area, but from this area and north, west of I-4 is fine. You might want to also check out a nice new apartment complex called The Village Lake Lily which is also in Maitland but has a bit more going on.

If you plan on being downtown a lot and you are single, I would highly, highly recommend just living there - if you can afford it. Downtown is a great place to live and you can walk to everything.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks soo much. I will check out The 'Village Lake Lily'. I was looking into 'Camden' and 'Post parkside' and even though I can afford it they didnt have anything available that was big ebnough. My absolute maximum is $1100. I like that there are a lot of corporate types in that part off town becuase I am also very corporate.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Yeah, many places are small downtown if you are looking at condos in that price. Keep an eye on craigslist for home rentals in Thornton Park downtown though. Here you will get an older home rather than a gleaming condo at that price, but the neighborhood is nice.

Something like these:

Affordable Duplex Home with Private Yard (http://orlando.craigslist.org/apa/2495621109.html - broken link)

Aug or Sep 1st | Luxury Apt | Wood Floors | Lake Eola (http://orlando.craigslist.org/apa/2485755242.html - broken link)

Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Hey PeteC,

Qestion, not to get off subject from the OT, but is Druid Dr / Oranole area decent? It's east of I-4 off of Maitland Blvd.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,343,504 times
Yeah the West of I4 advice really only applies to areas of Central Orange County. That area of Maitland is a corporate office park.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:37 PM

Thanks soo much Pete. I love 'Village Lake Lilly' but I may stick with 'Dwell'. Hopefully there are some nice latin honeys in that area

Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Hey PeteC,

Qestion, not to get off subject from the OT, but is Druid Dr / Oranole area decent? It's east of I-4 off of Maitland Blvd.
Never been back there Com, but that should be nice considering Maitland Blvd looks very nice but who knows for sure until you get back there. I am curious now so I am going to check it out on my lunchbreak and I'll let you know what I think of the area.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:25 AM

ComSense, I just drove around that area, and it is beautiful!! Combination of various Florida homes old and new, and some subdivisions with luxury homes. Druid Rd is particularly nice. It has towering old trees that provide a shaded canopy over the entire street. It looks like the nicer areas of Winter Park. I much prefer this to Avalon Park which does not have that established feel.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Hey man, thx for doing that for us. Glad to hear it's nice and we've looked at it on google Earth and it definitely seemed nice and established. Good news, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando