Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 02:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlehman21 View Post
yeah i seen that topic come up while doing some research. sad , but their's people like that all over Oregon.
True, but they're more concentrated in some areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 02:31 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
For what I want, Roseburg is too small. I like the fact that the Rogue Valley is fairly well self-contained without being a big city or having real traffic issues (if you avoid 2 intersections). Sure, I can't find everything I want around town somewhere, but I can get most of it.

I also prefer the lower rain amount and more days of sun, even if I have to put up with 90°+ July & August with the occasional brush into the 100s. The very green spring and lovely fall here make me happy.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 12-26-2018, 02:42 PM

40 posts, read 57,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
For what I want, Roseburg is too small. I like the fact that the Rogue Valley is fairly well self-contained without being a big city or having real traffic issues (if you avoid 2 intersections). Sure, I can't find everything I want around town somewhere, but I can get most of it.

I also prefer the lower rain amount and more days of sun, even if I have to put up with 90°+ July & August with the occasional brush into the 100s. The very green spring and lovely fall here make me happy.
yeah i hear yah, that's the whole reason im moving for better weather and bigger town or small city. Im assuming you live in Medford. There isn't a lot of homes that fit my search criteria right now, but have seen a few houses that were nice on the East side around eagle trace sub divison. I dont get the acreage i was looking for but as long as i have a private large back yard im content. Is that a nice area to live? are you close to outdoor hiking? we like to take our dogs on lots of walks.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:58 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
Quote:
yeah i hear yah, that's the whole reason im moving for better weather and bigger town or small city. Im assuming you live in Medford. There isn't a lot of homes that fit my search criteria right now, but have seen a few houses that were nice on the East side around eagle trace sub divison. I dont get the acreage i was looking for but as long as i have a private large back yard im content. Is that a nice area to live? are you close to outdoor hiking? we like to take our dogs on lots of walks.
I live in the area called Old East Medford. I am about a mile from Bear Creek Park and frequently walk the dog along the path that runs from Ashland all the way to Central Point or walk the dog at Holmes Park or drive out to Fichtner-Mainwaring and walk around the multiple soccer fields. We hike Roxy Ann fairly often or either of the Table Rock hikes (although dogs aren't allowed on those trails).

Our lot is a city-sized lot, about 100'x120'. Larger lots, I'd be looking along Stage/Old Stage Rd (the far west and SW edges of Medford/Jacksonville), although finding something in your price point might take a lot of looking.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 12-26-2018, 06:40 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Yeah iv heard that's definitely a problem they face. when we visited multiple time i did notice i barley saw any police around. This is so frustrating im having such a hard time finding an area to live. Where do you live currently? Is Medford any better? i really liked Jacksonville, seems more upscale but good luck finding a home their especially this time of year.

what are your thoughts on Roseburg?>
You really don't seem very happy living in Oregon. It would seem that Southern California would be a much better fit for you. Lots of sun, only about six inches of rain a year, lot of diversity, nice manicured houses, and cops on every block. Everything that Oregon doesn't offer.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:59 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
After the shooting happened at Umpqua CC, the president went to Roseburg. They filmed his arrival for the nightly news, and what stood out the most was a very vocal bunch holding up nooses and otherwise letting .........
The people of Roseburg had been highly offended by the president's tactess remarks before he made his photo oportunity appearance in Roseburg. Its not surprising that no one was thrilled to have him show up. With the exception of the progressives in Portland, people all over Oregon were offended by his remarks about the shootings, so its not lIke the reaction wasnt provoked.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
LOL. I'm not a progressive. I do not live in Portland and never have. I am a 5th generation Oregonian on one side with 6 generations in on the other. I also have strong ties to the great state of Alaska, so I'm hardly some air-headed urban transplant bringing my "city ways" to Oregon.

In my opinion, there's nothing "highly offensive" in the president's remarks in the aftermath of the OCC shootings and that those greeting his arrival with nooses were a complete embarrassment to the decent people of this state. Do not presume to speak for me.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...oseburg-oregon

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-26-2018 at 11:23 PM..

Old 12-27-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
LOL. I'm not a progressive. I do not live in Portland and never have. I am a 5th generation Oregonian on one side with 6 generations in on the other. I also have strong ties to the great state of Alaska, so I'm hardly some air-headed urban transplant bringing my "city ways" to Oregon.

In my opinion, there's nothing "highly offensive" in the president's remarks in the aftermath of the OCC shootings and that those greeting his arrival with nooses were a complete embarrassment to the decent people of this state. Do not presume to speak for me.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...oseburg-oregon
It's not just Roseburg. The idiots who let the militia guys off were from all over the state. The anti-Obama protesters in Roseburg, were also from all over the state. Mostly from the south and east, but from the rest of the state as well.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:33 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Thanks for your input. Thats to bad. How are the people in Roseburg? i wish there was more diversity, my wife is mexican and living in Tillamook their is a lot of hicks here and she deals with ignorant racist people at times. Im assuming Roseburg would just be a bigger version of Tillamook as far as community goes?
Yeah, I have a Nez Perce buddy who was staying with me for a while. He was denied customer service at Wal-Mart. When my (white) wife intervened, the problem magically cleared up. He was also run down by a guy pushing a shopping cart at a supermarket, hit hard enough to knock him down. I used to think Oregon didn't have a problem with racists, but I have changed my mind. The big news this week was about a black guy who was a paid guest at the DoubleTree in Portland who got thrown out of the hotel for calling his mother in the lobby. It has apparently become fashionable to be a jerk.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Yeah, I have a Nez Perce buddy who was staying with me for a while. He was denied customer service at Wal-Mart. When my (white) wife intervened, the problem magically cleared up. He was also run down by a guy pushing a shopping cart at a supermarket, hit hard enough to knock him down. I used to think Oregon didn't have a problem with racists, but I have changed my mind. The big news this week was about a black guy who was a paid guest at the DoubleTree in Portland who got thrown out of the hotel for calling his mother in the lobby. It has apparently become fashionable to be a jerk.
The worst part about that story is that it took the hotel a full week to issue an apology, and even then the apology was half hearted. They only issued the apology after the incident blew up into an international story, and they started getting calls from corporate, to do something about it. Which is exactly what the guy who took the video, warned the idiot security guard and manager would happen. Everybody involved had so many chances to back down, and avoid the PR disaster. But instead they just charged full speed ahead, and stayed the course. Not only is that hotel security and management totally incompetent and unprofessional, but their incompetent PR department can't even do damage control right. The entire hotel staff from the bottom to the top is just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon