Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 03:33 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
That's because the sun doesn't shine all that often. An average of 238 days per year the sun doesn't show itself at all. Another 76 days on average are considered partly cloudy (mostly cloudy would be more accurate), which leaves an average of 51 days per year that are considered sunny. On average Tillamook sees some type of precipitation 193 days per year. The average high temperature, even during the summer, will rarely surpass 70 degrees.

To the OP:

Moving to Tillamook from a sunny area in California will be a huge adjustment; see above for my description of the weather. Most transplants can't handle the Coastal weather and leave within a few years. Pretty much any property that needs work will have lots of moss, mildew, mold and water damage from all the moisture. Even on sunny days, it's still damp most of the time; that's just how the Oregon coast works.
I prefer to look at the percentage of sunshine, instead of sunny vs cloudy days. In which case Tillamook is right on the US average for the summer, and only has issues in the winter. But even in the winter time, it’s not like you are never going to see the sun here.

Anyway, weather is mostly a state of mind. People here survive just fine in the rain. Cool, rainy days, people are still hiking, biking, camping in tents, and wading in the ocean. The rain doesn’t seem to stop most people.

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 03:29 PM

70 posts, read 76,638 times
My husband and I go down by Tillamook often as his sister lives nearby.
Rockaway Beach is a nice area as is Garibaldi. You might also check Pacific City, it's a nice area and near Tillamook.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon