Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 10,579 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to Stanfield, Oregon. Does anyone have any thoughts on this town? I would appreciate any info. Weather,attitudes, job availabilities etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 AM

152 posts, read 531,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherieangel View Post
I am considering relocating to Stanfield, Oregon. Does anyone have any thoughts on this town? I would appreciate any info. Weather,attitudes, job availabilities etc.
Can you tell me where this is in oregon?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 10,579 times
Default Stanfield oregon Pro's and con's

Stanfield, Oregon is in the northeast near Hermiston, two hours east of Hood River.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM

152 posts, read 531,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherieangel View Post
Stanfield, Oregon is in the northeast near Hermiston, two hours east of Hood River.
thanks, too lazy to get out the atlas or map quest! Sorry, never lived near that area, only know about the nerve agent depot in Hermiston, check into that everyone has an alarm in their home i think in case of a gas leak.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM

139 posts, read 530,693 times
I have spent quite a lot of time in and around Stanfield, and my aunt still lives there, although I haven't been there for four years. Several relatives had farms around there when I was growing up. At 800 people,it used to be a real community, closed in mentally, but after all, this is eastern Oregon. It isn't that way now, although it has over twice the population. Other than farming, I think people mostly go out of town to work in food processing plants, or even in logging in the winter. Hermiston is six miles away, and that is where you would go for most things. Pendleton is 20 miles.
What worries me is that I notice Stanfield now has a heavy Hispanic and "other race" component. This probably means it is a bedroom community for people brought in to work in the plants nearby. My experience with small towns elsewhere where this has happened is that you get a bifurcated community.
I will ask my aunt, and if I get any more information, I will post it.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:54 PM

139 posts, read 530,693 times
I forgot, weather is actually not bad. It gets somewhat cold in the winter, but there is little snow. The major problem is that it can have late and early frosts. I can't tell you the number of fruit trees that were mourned and replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon