Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 37,003,795 times

Advertisements

That would be Oakridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,411,996 times
You might be right. The Senior Housing there does not have nursing care. Mountain View Manor is just subsidized.

https://www.ourparents.com/oregon

Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM

3 posts, read 5,442 times
How about Falls City Oregon??

Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbird1 View Post
How about Falls City Oregon??

No nursing homes there either, but there are a couple of people that take in the handicapped and aged. Really great place to live if you don’t need a job.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,922,367 times
does anyone know if Oakridge has a nursing home?

too soon?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 PM

26,527 posts, read 52,001,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
does anyone know if Oakridge has a nursing home?

too soon?
Oakridge, Oregon does not have a nursing home, however there are 11 nursing homes within 50 miles from the center of Oakridge (all 37 miles or more) according to Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare You can see more info here: Medicare Nursing Home Results

Old 05-11-2013, 01:52 PM

7 posts, read 17,395 times
Default Corvallis, Coquille, Brookings, places to live

Im in the same boat...Husband & I both retired but on a fixed income of approx. 2-2100 a month. We are currently considering Corvallis, Coquille and the Brookings area. There are two elementary school aged children living near/with us as our daughter wishes to move/relocate too. She is a pharmacy tech...we provide care for our grand children. While I have traveled to & love Brookings...Ive only been in the area in Fall when we used to travel more and I can't seem to get a clear handle on weather...I know its considered to be "banana belt" warm BUT I also know they get their fair share of rainy days too, particularly in Winter. Am I wrong? The grandkids need outdoor nature opportunities, decent schools and a reasonably safe environment. Our daughter needs an area with retail pharmacy opportunities for work. Near as I can find? That means walmart in Crescent city, CA Fred Meyers in Brookings OR...going way inland to areas like Bend...etc
We are open to suggestions...I haven't written off Corvallis or Coquille but am having a hard time locating objective info for suitability of area for raising young family.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM

That could be because you seem to be confused about what the area is like. In another posts you say she is transferring, but in others she is looking for a job.

The bottom line is "The coast is not what you are looking for."

Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 PM

7 posts, read 17,395 times
Thank you for taking the time to reply Steve...Im not "confused"...I am aware the area, indeed the entire state has been economically depressed for years. I am aware of the drug issues...you cannot seem to get away from that problem even in and maybe in particularly IN a rural community. I have just had a hard time in locating recent information about the communities I mentioned she was considering. Schools and relative safety were the main objectives in info gathering...In other posts I mention she is transferring because ideally that's what will happen. I am attempting info gathering for her to make the decision somewhat more informed. Fred Meyers was mentioned as an alternate option is all. Im not looking for someone to sugar coat anything just an honest and objective view point on the communities I mentioned and the feasibility in having decent schools, lower crime rate etc (cant be any worse than where we are now) I've lived part time in the Brooking area/Crescent City, CA before (granted, only a few months at a time...usually Fall) BUT I never had to look at it from any other view point than laid back/retired. We are simply in "home work" phase...sorry you couldn't help but thanks for taking the time to reply

Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM

I thought that was what I gave you. I don't sugar coat anything. It is what it is. The areas you are looking at are just not good choices if you have kids or need a job. Great for retired, or wealthy. And new businesses are always welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon