Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times

Advertisements

FIV3FOURON3, have you ever heard the expression, "You'll get more flies with honey than with vinegar?"

The information you post is factual and with merit for those who might be considering a certain area in Oregon but what good does it do to call people "trolls" or attack back when you're corrected on information, too?

You're not the only one who is knowledgeable about gang activity in Oregon. The idea of a forum is to discuss. You seem only interested in pushing your information onto others without letting others add to the discussion.

I agree that I-5 is the corridor for the largest gang activity. It's good that others know that, especially if they are choosing a city along that route as a destination to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,062 times
There have been a few gang related incidents here recently. Including a stabbing on Dakota in Medford that was definitely gang motivated.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,330,650 times
At the last County Sheriff's meeting in Salem it was discussed that Medford and Grants Pass had nearly as many gangs as Portland, and many of them more violent.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,300 times
I need help, please help me , I can't find anything about how southern gangs kill eachother, as certain setsvare rivals and which sets are rival or how a southern gang member from California wouldn't normally get along with Oregon or Nevada southern gang members. I know I am asking a lot but also that a gang member from southern California would not be able bro pull rank / ("shot call") on a 18th st southerner from Salem.....please anything will help. My husband is trying to be a family man and is being accused of "pulling his rank" just because he is 5 yrs older to make someone on the streets commit a crime, when he has been with his family not gang banging. He is from long beach and has associated briefly with pretty much anyone in our little area, weather they were southern, northern, or native doesn't matter to him ....only his family. I need to find someone or something online that would explain he's not trying to bang.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIV3FOURON3 View Post
...active and known gangs in the southern oregon valley...
thanx for the info.

semi-off-topic, personally i'm more worried about the govt gangs than any other gangs - they steal tons of money from everyone and call it 'taxes'. they're poisoning everyone with bioweapons such as fluoride, GMO's, chemtrails, etc.. they ruin the entire country's economy. they're by far the #1 importer/runner of drugs. they start & perpetuate wars all around the world. by ruining society in various ways, they're the cause of all the crime & drug gangs. everyone is going to have to join an anti-govt-mobsters gang pretty soon if any of us want to survive.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:42 PM

35 posts, read 54,117 times
Everybody keeps telling me to move to the PNW. I'm wondering why. All I read about is the high cost of living, gangs, and drugs. The scenery may be spectacular but there doesn't seem to be any other positives coming from residents of Oregon and Washington.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:42 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,436,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_moon View Post
Everybody keeps telling me to move to the PNW. I'm wondering why. All I read about is the high cost of living, gangs, and drugs. The scenery may be spectacular but there doesn't seem to be any other positives coming from residents of Oregon and Washington.
Because it's still better then most any other place. Oregon has nothing that every other State isn't dealing with too.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM

535 posts, read 966,826 times
I think we best not be in denial about the role of gangs in Oregon. My daughter's father in law is a prison guard in Umatilla, and another of his sons works at the prison in Walla Walla, and before that Connell. At our family get togethers those very gang names quoted by FIV3FOURON3 I've heard tossed around the table. It's very real and these rival gangs tensions escalate and erupt while locked up, then spill over into society when they are released.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 AM

14 posts, read 67,283 times
wow - after reading all this I am more confused as to where to live in Oregon. I love being close to the coast, am a single Caucasian 59 year old female who likes quaintness in my town. I wonder if Bend, Eugene or Florence are good choices? We deal with flash mobs, who are very destructive, we have constant violence and the people are so VERY rude here in Maryland. (just 23 miles from DC)
A calm and peaceful place would be a welcomed change from this. Need some help in making a decision.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:52 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
The initial, highly alarmist, post was about Southern Oregon in general, and makes it sound like you'd see a gang war going on at every corner, night and day. Are there gangs in Oregon, Southern Oregon and along the major I-5 corridor? Yes. Are they responsible for a disproportional amount of the crime? Yes. Are they a major focus of police activity? Yes.

Will you interact with gang members every day? No. Are you at risk from a gang member every day? No. Are the cities in which gangs have a noted presence completely unsafe? No. Must you huddle down in your house to be safe? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon