Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,947 times

Advertisements

Hey I am a parent and I have been searching for quite some time to find a good local resource online for kids activities in Orange County. I have found that it is extremely difficult to find a quality youth program in OC for my 7 year old son.

I just came across this website by chance and I wanted to share it with you:

Kids Activities Orange County : Childrens Programs : Youth Sports : Summer Day Camps : After School Activities : Tee Ball : Dance : Martial Arts : Soccer : 4OC Kids

let me know what you guys think and if there is any other resources similar to this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 PM

32 posts, read 87,493 times
Some of the resources can be found within your city, if you visit the hall or local library.

These usually don't seem to get posted online or rarely do (atleast from where I am in CA), because the focus of the recruitment seems to be based within the city walls.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,845,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbalpla View Post
I have found that it is extremely difficult to find a quality youth program in OC for my 7 year old son.
Why don't I believe this statement?

Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM

124 posts, read 233,880 times
Tiny Oranges - Fresh, fun blog for OC moms

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,947 times
Charles:

After reviewing my statement i have to agree with you in the aspect that I do know that there are quality youth programs in OC ie B&G club, YMCA, AYSO, NJB, LL, and so forth when it comes to the large organizations and leagues. I am sorry that I didn't elaborate on the statement and explain my position. I meant to say that I am somewhat disappointed with summer camps offered through P&R depts.

I went to sign my son up for a soccer skills summer camp and choose a reputable company which has been around for quite some time called Skyhawks. I was disappointed at the level of knowledge the coache possessed (a high school kid who seems like he just got hired last week and it was his first time running a program with kids). He was late to the class twice in a week and his overall knowledge of providing good fundamental drills to improve my sons skill set were absent.

I am trying to find a decent company not league that provides skill work (so most likely a camp) to improve my sons fundamentals and knowledge of the game. I had run across the webstie Kids Activities Orange County : Childrens Programs : Youth Sports : Summer Day Camps : After School Activities : Tee Ball : Dance : Martial Arts : Soccer : 4OC Kids and I thought it could be a good resource for other parents.

Hconstan thanks for posting tinyoranges.com, I checked out the website and it is pretty cool as well! Although I think the website appeals more to my wife than myself, but it had a couple of cool tips for weekend activities.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM

745 posts, read 1,287,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbalpla View Post
I just came across this website by chance
I definitely don't believe this statement.

If you're going to plug a site, do so shamelessly or risk being shamed. Especially when you've obviously just created your account and this is your first post. How about, "I want to drum up business for a paid link directory for OC kids programs. And because city-data's forums are highly ranked and quickly indexed, my link and its optimized anchor text will quickly appear in the search engines and hopefully pick up a lot of keyword traffic related to OC kids activities."

Or am I just too cynical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County