Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 AM

11 posts, read 38,946 times

Advertisements

A big THANK YOU to all the contributors to this forum. My family just visited Orange County for the last 8 days and throughly enjoyed your beautiful county. We enjoyed many sights researched on this forum. We come from a very small town and we were apprehensive about pulling a 30ft. 5-wheel trailer into the city traffic and then driving a full size truck to see some sights. You folks were much more courteous drivers than I could have hoped for and not nearly as bad as your reputation would have us believe.

We stayed 5 nights at Bolsa Chica State Beach in Huntington Beach. We walked the wetlands 2 times and saw some giant sea bass, migratory birds, the shore birds and the brown pelicans are awesome. Enjoyed bon fires on the beach at night with the crashing waves in the background and watched the dolphin swim in the surf on several occasions. The only down side is the close proximity to The Pacific Coast Highway...it gets loud. Huntington Beach Main Street and pier were fun. The economy seems to be booming. Our daughter took a surf lesson and had fun but said the water was super cold. Tuesday night had the Main Street fair and that was very fun. The guy selling the citrus fruit is the best! Disneyland one day...crowded and hot but it's summer and it's what we expected. The couple camping next to us at Bolsa Chica State Beach were local residents and the husband drove home one afternoon and took out their small ski boat to give us a tour of the Huntington Harbor in the evening and I could not believe the beautiful homes and size of the boats. But...oh my heck...you people do not mind living right smack next to each other do you?

Next stop was Newport Dunes campground for 3 nights . Very Expensive but once in a lifetime it's worth it. We rode our bicycles over to and down the boardwalk (which is concrete) down to Balboa Island and took the ferry to the island. Bought sandwiches and ate them watching the boats sail in the harbor. The next morning we went to the Corona Del Mar tide pools at the end of Poppy Avenue ...beautiful...ocean, homes, cars and people. Had dinner at The Spaghetti Factory. The last 2 days were spent at UCI as out daughter will be attending there in a few short weeks. Toured the campus and dorms, again, beautiful!

An excellent vacation and not once did any of us say, "the OC", "I-5", or "Cali".

Last edited by Kane County; 07-13-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,048,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane County View Post
A big THANK YOU to all the contributors to this forum. My family just visited Orange County for the last 8 days and throughly enjoyed your beautiful county. We enjoyed many sights researched on this forum. We come from a very small town and we were apprehensive about pulling a 30ft. 5-wheel trailer into the city traffic and then driving a full size truck to see some sights. You folks were much more courteous drivers than I could have hoped for and not nearly as bad as your reputation would have us believe.

We stayed 5 nights at Bolsa Chica State Beach in Huntington Beach. We walked the wetlands 2 times and saw some giant sea bass, migratory birds, the shore birds and the brown pelicans are awesome. Enjoyed bon fires on the beach at night with the crashing waves in the background and watched the dolphin swim in the surf on several occasions. The only down side is the close proximity to The Pacific Coast Highway...it gets loud. Huntington Beach Main Street and pier were fun. The economy seems to be booming. Our daughter took a surf lesson and had fun but said the water was super cold. Tuesday night had the Main Street fair and that was very fun. The guy selling the citrus fruit is the best! Disneyland one day...crowded and hot but it's summer and it's what we expected. The couple camping next to us at Bolsa Chica State Beach were local residents and the husband drove home one afternoon and took out their small ski boat to give us a tour of the Huntington Harbor in the evening and I could not believe the beautiful homes and size of the boats. But...oh my heck...you people do not mind living right smack next to each other do you?

Next stop was Newport Dunes campground for 3 nights . Very Expensive but once in a lifetime it's worth it. We rode our bicycles over to and down the boardwalk (which is concrete) down to Balboa Island and took the ferry to the island. Bought sandwiches and ate them watching the boats sail in the harbor. The next morning we went to the Corona Del Mar tide pools at the end of Poppy Avenue ...beautiful...ocean, homes, cars and people. Had dinner at The Spaghetti Factory. The last 2 days were spent at UCI as out daughter will be attending there in a few short weeks. Toured the campus and dorms, again, beautiful!

An excellent vacation and not once did any of us say, "the OC", "I-5", or "Cali".
lol So glad you enjoyed your visit. Such a great, informative post for future visitors. I love when people return to C-D to tell us what they thought of an area.

Good luck to your daughter at college!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 PM

590 posts, read 1,255,126 times
Uci is a great school! Good luck to your girl

Old 07-14-2012, 04:33 PM

16,805 posts, read 40,131,188 times
This is a refreshing break from the usual.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,574,615 times
I think driving in California is a pleasure, the people are much more courteous than here in Colorado or anywhere else I have lived.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:55 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,048,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think driving in California is a pleasure, the people are much more courteous than here in Colorado or anywhere else I have lived.
Wow, you don't hear that every day. So glad to hear it.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM

7 posts, read 15,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane County View Post

You must have been hallucinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County