Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM

494 posts, read 1,916,614 times

Advertisements

I am trying to research homes in Placentia and have been finding some decent 3bd 1500ish sqft single family homes (built 1980-1990) for around the $350k price point which is my budget.

How is Placentia? Are there any areas to avoid? I do not have any kids but am curious about the school system just for a bit of future proofing. How is the crime and safety profile?

I drove through the area just before Carbon Canyon and it seemed really nice! The area I was looking at was bounded by Anaheim lake, Yorba linda Blvd and the 90.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
The newer parts of Placentia to the east are nice. The southwest corner is not so nice. There's good Mexican food on Bradford in Old Town.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM

101 posts, read 283,467 times
Some people consider Placentia to be a "nice" area in north OC.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM

199 posts, read 618,299 times
I'm a new resident of Placentia and really like it. Crime is less than half the US average and I'm from Chicago so this was important to me. I did live in central Orange County for ten years and am liking the northern part of the county better. There's a lot of freight train traffic going through the area so if you don't like hearing train horns during the day and night you may not be happy. Watch out for speed traps in town. The Placentia police like sitting in school parking lots when school is in session looking for speeders. There always seems to be one at Valencia HS on Bradford.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiojunkie2006 View Post
I'm a new resident of Placentia and really like it. Crime is less than half the US average and I'm from Chicago so this was important to me. I did live in central Orange County for ten years and am liking the northern part of the county better. There's a lot of freight train traffic going through the area so if you don't like hearing train horns during the day and night you may not be happy. Watch out for speed traps in town. The Placentia police like sitting in school parking lots when school is in session looking for speeders. There always seems to be one at Valencia HS on Bradford.
Those cops are not sitting in the High School parking lot watching for speeders. They are school resource officers assigned to the schools. They aren't sitting in the cars, they are working at the schools. Your imagination is running wild...!!
Placentia is a nice town. It has a bad area like most towns, but overall it's a pleasant place to live..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 AM

199 posts, read 618,299 times
I still wouldn't recommend going over the speed limit.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM

102 posts, read 513,408 times
Placentia is nice! There are some neighborhoods slightly less than desirable, but just drive there, and you will quickly get the vibe. Most of it is nice and friendly.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Crime rate, it's a little safer than the national average.

I never lived there but I used to commute through the area.. seems like a fairly upscale but expensive place. Looks a bit bland to my tastes. If you want some place with more character, try Brea or Fullerton.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 PM

231 posts, read 590,407 times
Stay north of Orangethorpe and preferably Yorba Linda Blvd. Placentia is very nice North of Yorba Linda Blvd. The "Atwood" neighborhood of Placentia (South of Orangethorpe) is gang infested. The area around the Tri-City park (Golden & Kraemer) is a very quiet well kept area.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM

494 posts, read 1,916,614 times
how would you rate Brea, Yorba Linda and Fullerton relative to Placentia... in terms of affluence, safety and general level of being upscale..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County