Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:25 PM

336 posts, read 578,545 times

Advertisements

Got our tv room sofa and chair at NFM a few years ago and they are so comfortable that I don't want to leave them! lol AND they were not that expensive. I grew up in a house where all the upholstered furniture was custom made. So, I think my bottom is a good furniture tester lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 27,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
Got our tv room sofa and chair at NFM a few years ago and they are so comfortable that I don't want to leave them!
Much of the upholstered furniture at the lower price-point retailers, such as NFM, look like Jabba the Hutt - layers of flabby cushions, but not really much of a tailored look.

I guess I've had the opposite experience as you: my higher price-point furniture has served me well in both comfort and classic styling that looks sharp for many years.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:59 PM

336 posts, read 578,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumontPark View Post
Much of the upholstered furniture at the lower price-point retailers, such as NFM, look like Jabba the Hutt - layers of flabby cushions, but not really much of a tailored look.

I guess I've had the opposite experience as you: my higher price-point furniture has served me well in both comfort and classic styling that looks sharp for many years.
My living room furniture is tailored. I hate the flabby cushion look.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:03 PM

624 posts, read 1,313,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvyre View Post
Recently moved back to Omaha after several years in San Francisco. I'm setting up an apartment but need furniture. When I lived in Omaha before, NFM was the place to go to get whatever. Now I'm back and just hearing nothing but bad reviews.

Any suggestions for places to buy furniture that won't fall apart in less than a couple of years? My preferred decor style is transitional and preferably, I'd like to stay mid- to low-range for budget's sake.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I build very high quality furniture, you can check out my page and see if there's anything I can do for you. Send me a PM on Facebook to get started. https://www.facebook.com/worksbywillie

Old 06-28-2018, 05:42 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,084,613 times
We purchased a sofa from NFM, paid pretty decent money for it- I noticed it was 'off' after they delivered it, but figured oh well...(it's a reclining sofa, back center was a little bit crooked, wiggled when you moved it), easier to keep it then go through all the hassle of pick up/take back, etc.- it's been ok (we've had it a couple of years now)...also purchased a few other things from there over the years- it's hit and miss pretty much, insofar as quality goes- I used to enjoy hitting Craigslist years ago for older, really good shape furniture- back when they made things sturdy, lol- I tried that around seven years ago when we moved to Omaha...bought a sofa from someone on there that I really loved, thing was huge, comfy, built like a tank- and....had bed bugs. My first EVER go-round with those foul things (and last), so...suffice it to say that I don't buy anything like that from craigslist or even 'used' anymore, lol.

After writing that semi-novel, bottom line...NFM is about the best game in town. And btw....leaving San Francisco...my heart goes out to you, I'm from California originally and it always tugs at my heartstrings to hear that someone else had to leave for whatever reason, lol-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: